"Dreams" versus "Everyday Life"...which one is actual "Reality"?

like lost! :)

Having read Jabber's stories on the SF Writers Group re his experience as a National Car Park (NCP) Official on the night shift, I'm not surprised he has nightmares!

Some of the poor sods who used the place when he and his pal were on night duty are still in Advanced Psychological Wards in straightjackets! :o

If you genuinely don't, then I think it's probably beyond me to explain.

I sense a minor annoyance, in this patronising comment.

But really, I don't understand. Could you break it down for me a little?

If not, can anyone else explain this to me?

On what other side? What second 'there'? I've just seen Mel77's post and I think I might be at a disadvantage as I've never seen 'Lost'.

By "Other side " I mean the other reality. If this is all a dream and our dreams are in fact real, I meant the other side.

Ive only seen a couple of Lost episodes so Im in the dark about it too :D

Having read Jabber's stories on the SF Writers Group re his experience as a National Car Park (NCP) Official on the night shift, I'm not surprised he has nightmares!

Some of the poor sods who used the place when he and his pal were on night duty are still in Advanced Psychological Wards in straightjackets! :o

I sleep the sleep of the guiltless as far as those poor devils are concerned :D

Its their fault for using NCP car parks in the first place, especially when I was on shift. The local radio, radio Leicester used to put out warnings so its their fault they didnt listen to the radio.

I sense a minor annoyance, in this patronising comment.

But really, I don't understand. Could you break it down for me a little?

If not, can anyone else explain this to me?

No, I'm not annoyed, and it wasn't meant to be patronising :) . The idea of being unable to distinguish between the dream state and the waking state, and between memories and current everyday existence seems quite strange to me. It seems self-evident.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I think the answer might be more philosophical than scientific, and the former isn't my area. I'd be interested to read others' responses though.

By "Other side " I mean the other reality. If this is all a dream and our dreams are in fact real, I meant the other side.

I don't know. I don't subscribe to that belief, in that I don't think our existence is all a dream. Sounds a bit Matrix-like to me though.

I don't know. I don't subscribe to that belief, in that I don't think our existence is all a dream. Sounds a bit Matrix-like to me though.

Interesting subject though, dont you think?

I often wish I had the brains to work it all out- Im not even sure if its classed as philosophy or whatever, but I find it fascinating.

No, I'm not annoyed, and it wasn't meant to be patronising :) . The idea of being unable to distinguish between the dream state and the waking state, and between memories and current everyday existence seems quite strange to me. It seems self-evident.

I know that, but the question is, 'which one is real'?

I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I think the answer might be more philosophical than scientific, and the former isn't my area. I'd be interested to read others' responses though.

I understood this discussion to be a philisophical verses scientific discussion, and it's science that I don't understand.

Please don't start a conversation with me again in the future, if you don't want to continue with a discussion with me.

And hidden or not, I know when when polite words are loaded with insults.

Archived