"Dreams" versus "Everyday Life"...which one is actual "Reality"?

Some better examples than mine there, I think.

....Sure I believe some dreams delve in to your subconscious and can help you with an issue ...

I think dreams delve into your subconscious and continue to illustrate the issue. An issue of mine is perfectionism. Themes in some of my dreams occasionally illustrate my preoccupation with perfectionism. I've never had a dream where I've been offered advice or any resolution for that issue; mainly the dreams have just been a way to continue my waking reality preoccupation with it.

Guest Mod_Man
Some better examples than mine there, I think.

I think dreams delve into your subconscious and continue to illustrate the issue. An issue of mine is perfectionism. Themes in some of my dreams occasionally illustrate my preoccupation with perfectionism. I've never had a dream where I've been offered advice or any resolution for that issue; mainly the dreams have just been a way to continue my waking reality preoccupation with it.

I agree. I used to have regular flying dreams, they were great. I say flying but I always saw it as rising, the take off meant more than the flying. I remember in the dream I would travel over Norfolk Park and see lots of used syringes. After a while I realised it was my brain's way of saying I could get out of the situation I was in. At the time I was around a lot of hard drug users, I wasn't in to hard drugs but I guess subconsciously I wasn't happy with my surroundings. My brain knows me and I believe dreams are tailored to the dreamer, only you know what's going on in there.

But it's sure not another life.

I guess another example would be that I'm often woken from a dream to answer the phone yet I've never gone in to a dream to answer the phone.

Guest Mod_Man
if you're aware of the patterns around dreams before you dream.. does it change the effect of the way the dream works?

I can't say I've ever controlled what's gone on in a dream, I've just observed. I've thought I've been aware I'm dreaming but I think that might have only been slightly before I awoke.

Though outside things have affected dreams many times. For instance, I once woke from a dream where the conversation going on in the dream was one that was going on on the radio when it woke me. I've heard of and experiencd a few things like that. They're fun.

...I once woke from a dream where the conversation going on in the dream was one that was going on on the radio when it woke me. I've heard of and experiencd a few things like that. They're fun.

I get that all the time. The radio wakes me gradually, and my brain has absorbed what's being discussed, even if I've not been fully conscious. If a fall asleep again, or more accurately get back to the bit of sleep where I'm dreaming, the words and occasionally the themes are incorporated in the dream.

Other examples would be the ring of the phone, the cats meowing or biting my toes (the latter provokes interesting dreams :hihi:).

• 2 years later...

life is somewhat of an illusion as per buddhist and other philosophy and there are other realms of existence which whilst just as physical as these realms are of a different vibration, other dimension, whatever you want to call them and the physical realms are where you can make the most difference being the hardest school. dreams / sleep state is basically partial projection be it more done subconsciously from the physical body to wander aimlessly on the other realms or maybe do more worthwhile tasks depending on the nature of the individual. recollection of this can be vague and could in dreams reflect meetings with people who have passed over or not but i would keep an open mind. i have had dreams where suddenly an image of someone i.e. on earth who i had never had any cause to think of and have within a day or so met that person face to face quite unexpectedly but this became reliable enough for me to come to expect it and may have happened 5- 6 times maybe more.one incident involved meeting someone i did not know exactly but have heard of and i dreamt i was shaking his hand, I had no idea he was coming over to my local church but that weekend i was shaking his hand,

Archived