Where are all the "one time ravers"?

Titian

Another thread lead me to this one's creation; music that makes you remember happy times.

Seems to me we have a lack of a thread about the good old days for us 30 somethings.

So... are we all too embarrassed to own up to our youthful misdemeanors? I'm coming out of the closet and holding my hands up... anyone else going to join me?

I'll kick start it by adding this youtube link, was anyone else there? I'm choosing this one to start with as I'd be very interested to see more footage of this one. I know there was filming going on for a lot of the night and there is one particular part I would like to see (it's not in this link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDCCuj6Ri9c

I was more of a free party/ free festival raver (remember Castlemoreton anyone?:D), though when I first started going I was more of a hippy- couldn't understand all these townie types dancing like loonies- soon got the hang of it though:hihi:

Smokescreen's parties were always magical- driving around in the dark, not sure where we were going- partying all night, then as it got light in the morning realising that you were surrounded by beautiful countryside and that your lift home had left hours earlier... dancing at bus stops just to keep warm!

There were some great free parties above Oxfam on West St when the tram lines were being built-courtesy of Them on the Hill and Shrinkwrap- they were such an eyeopener- anyone remember them?

I was a regular at (takes deep breath) Techno City, Jam Factory, Rise, Love to Be, Gatecrasher (Arches, Adelphi and Republic), Sundisential (Birmingham), Progress (Derby), Music Factory, The Arches (Headcharge etc) and went to many other one-offs.

Now I just like a nice sit-down and a cup of tea!! I had the absolute times of my life and, whilst it's all over now, I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world - met some great people and had it really, really large.

Now I just like a nice sit-down and a cup of tea!! I had the absolute times of my life and, whilst it's all over now, I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world - met some great people and had it really, really large.

Couldn't have put it better myself , thats just how i feel now :)

An absolute fantastic part of my life , probably the best :)

Karen x

I was more of a free party/ free festival raver (remember Castlemoreton anyone?:D), though when I first started going I was more of a hippy- couldn't understand all these townie types dancing like loonies- soon got the hang of it though:hihi:

Smokescreen's parties were always magical- driving around in the dark, not sure where we were going- partying all night, then as it got light in the morning realising that you were surrounded by beautiful countryside and that your lift home had left hours earlier... dancing at bus stops just to keep warm!

There were some great free parties above Oxfam on West St when the tram lines were being built-courtesy of Them on the Hill and Shrinkwrap- they were such an eyeopener- anyone remember them?

i used to be mates with a simon that was part of smokescreen...he then was in a band called head? i still have a few tracks on tape they did

It was the best time in my life bein a Raver!I Was a regular at Occasions (cuba) above KiKi's,its small size,Deep Bass & the best techno night in the North! ''Incubus 91'' The Musicmaker who made that place bounce for hours & hours...... ''Owen your a legend!''

Then after maybe go upto Everyone centre on spital hill or round to CJs to finish the night off with EasyD & Mc Rush..... oh & Mc fly!!!!! :hihi:

Does anyone remember Oracle Promotions Crew who handed the Flyers out at the end of the night????? Do you still have some??? :cool:

Daza..

• 4 weeks later...

Archived