What do you want to see in Sheffield? Nights out!

cheeseman

An 'all you can eat' buffet eating house, serving 50 varieties of lard and staffed entirely by characters from Thomas Hardy's "Return Of The Native".

I've been to one. The lard was passable but Damon Wildeve looked more like Old Cotter from The Dubliners. No effort was made when it came to authenticity. I'm sticking to Wetherspoons from now on...:rolleyes:

A "Nik Kershaw" lookalike competition to be held on alternate tuesdays on that part of the Moor outside Home Bargains that always smells of sick, and featuring a dramatic fly past by the Red Arrows at its climax.

Hosted by Thora Hird.

Dame Thora Hird passed away some time ago. I'd suggest Michaela Strachan as the replacement.

Dame Thora Hird passed away some time ago. I'd suggest Michaela Strachan as the replacement.

Why should that be an impediment - they can do amazing things with animatronics these days you know.

For example, did you know that Anne Robinson died in 2003 in a freak water polo accident but continues to present The Weakest Link to this day?

Why should that be an impediment - they can do amazing things with animatronics these days you know.

For example, did you know that Anne Robinson died in 2003 in a freak water polo accident but continues to present The Weakest Link to this day?

That is a complete lie. It was 2002 and she died whilst scuba diving off the coast of Luxembourg. Get your facts straight before making ridiculous posts.

I want a 'minor celebrity' bar. The bar will be made to look like the set from You've Been Framed and the big screen will be showing...football? No sir, only re-runs of Strike It Lucky and Crosswits.

Imagine entering and being greeted by the door staff, Ross Kemp, possibly the hardest man alive. Imagine handing your coat to none other than Roy 'Catchphrase' Walker, then listening to him say things like "ooh it's good but it's not the one" every 30 seconds when he brings the wrong coat out. Imagine being served cheap lager by Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin, laughing as they stagger around like oafs, all drunk and gorky bez. Imagine Wolf from Gladiators pacing around the bar all stern and large, angrily collecting glass and throwing it at Cheggers. Bliss.

I would also very much like Esther Rantzen to be a toilet attendant.

I want a 'minor celebrity' bar. The bar will be made to look like the set from You've Been Framed and the big screen will be showing...football? No sir, only re-runs of Strike It Lucky and Crosswits.

Imagine entering and being greeted by the door staff, Ross Kemp, possibly the hardest man alive. Imagine handing your coat to none other than Roy 'Catchphrase' Walker, then listening to him say things like "ooh it's good but it's not the one" every 30 seconds when he brings the wrong coat out. Imagine being served cheap lager by Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin, laughing as they stagger around like oafs, all drunk and gorky bez. Imagine Wolf from Gladiators pacing around the bar all stern and large, angrily collecting glass and throwing it at Cheggers. Bliss.

I would also very much like Esther Rantzen to be a toilet attendant.

Christa Ackroyd could be the bar supervisor from hell and keep Cheggars and Dennis in line. Stuart Hall from It's a knockout, could provide the laughs and Bob Carolgees does a turn featuring Spit every Wednesday afternoon.

Archived