How many pubs on the 'ideal' pub crawl?

twobob

How many pubs on an 'ideal' pub crawl?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many pubs on an 'ideal' pub crawl?

• 2 pubs
    • 3 pubs
    • 4 pubs
    • 5 pubs
    • 6 pubs
    • 7 pubs
    • 8 pubs
    • 9 pubs
    • 10+ pubs
    • What's a pub crawl?

How many pubs make an 'ideal' pub crawl?

And what was your excuse for the pub crawl you did:

- Bachelor / Stag / Buck's / Hen's Party

- Birthday Party

- Who needs an excuse?

- any other excuses out there?

How participants on your 'ideal' pub crawl? And how long would it go for?

What did you do while on the pub crawl?

Grateful for you views.

Cheers and beers .... TwoBob

PS I've got to organise a party for a Buck's Party and was wondering how appropriate a pub crawl would be ...

The first and most important rule about pub crawls is pints of beer/cider only, no half pints or puffy drinks like alco pop or crapweiser. You can have liquor chasers as well if you want but a full pint of beer or cider must be drunk in each premisis by every member of the party or the visit doesn't count.

Once a year 3 of us blokes have an annual event where we start at noon and go on to at least 8 sometimes last until 11pm. That's a propper pub crawl. Drinking very slowly and stedily while visiting 12 pubs is very civilised. I often feel better in the morning after this event, drinking a slow 10-14 pints, than I do after a hasty saturday night while we visit only 2 pubs and cram 5-6 pints in.

The key is obviously being fresh and awake in the day, and drinking at a much more sensible rate. We tend to knock it on the head when we're finally tired and had enough.

I don't think that any less than 4 or 5 pubs counts as a pub crawl though.

You can have too many people either, as you never get them all in and out of the pubs quick enough. Ideal is 3 or 4 people. And they need to be people who can drink quickly and lots if required.

Originally posted by muddycoffee

What is a bucks party? Is it a gays stag night?

I have never heard of one.

A Buck's Party is a Bachelor Party - not the sort of thing for gays really (unless they're getting married!)

Oh sorry, I had no idea, where are you from then? As I'm sure we don't have those in sheffield. We would just say a lads night out. Although, I don't know about batchelors, I would hate to exclude some of my best mates who are married, from a decent bash!

I thought that word [batchelor] became redundant in the 60s or 70s, and it wasn't helped by cliff richard who famously had a hit with batchelor boy. Unfortunately anything he touches becomes instantly naff.

We used to do a pub crawl in the Broomhill and Crookes pubs. We'd throw a dice to determine which pub we went to next. A 6 meant we got on the bus up or down the hill. Throwing the number allocated to the pub we were in already meant we had another drink there. Then we threw the dice to determine what we drank.

Archived