Liptons Supermarket

choci

at one time there were 27 liptons shops in sheffield but none were ever supermarkets just ordinary grocers shops

Gallons were another chain that had multiple shops together with Gowers and Burgons who late in the 50s merged into one company. Shentalls was another and on a smaller scale Bingham and Holland who at its peak had five shops spread around sheffield plus two in castle market

Liptons, I remember,

Fine Fare & Presto!

I remember these 3 also. Can anyone remember the small fire that happened at the Fine Fare in Eckington sometime in the early 80s?

"You'll be impressed in Presto"

wasent there a presto in the precinct in town near the bus station or was that a lennons or liptons or something its bugging me now

anyone remember ???

Yes, there was a Presto under the car park in the precinct opposite from the bus station - where the bridge over the road used to be.

In the 90's it became a Lo-Cost which eventually closed at some point and as far as I know is still closed as are nearly all the shops along that row.

There was also a Presto somewhere on Rockingham Way in the 80s which the last time I passed I think it was called What Everyone Wants.

Archived