Burnaby st wmc.

This thread brings back memories. Used to go in the club in the early 70's. Big Bri was my uncle and he certainly left a "big" hole in more ways than one.

Does anyone remember Alf Woollen, Brian's dad? He was also on the club committee in the 60's & 70's

Yep remember him as a quiet guy who just got on with stuff.

I often went to see the Turns with big Bri, big Jo and Dave. First saw Marti Caine with them at the old Ozzie Owl club. I think Bri booked her to appear at the Burnaby for 20 quid and look where she ended up.

Bri was on first name terms with so many artists and many of them went on to 'make it'

hi kaz.im fine thanks hows you are you still in the hostilary line last i heard i think you had a pub off gower st ? hope lifes treating you well.i live up ecclesfield now.do you see/hear any old faces. long time a go eh lol hope your family are all ok.still remember lyceum days young and daft lol. love terry.
glad to here you are ok but no ime not in pub trade not since Boomerang,actually work at university and live in hillsborough ,brought back memories this thread ......how many mirrors did you have on that scooter? by those were the days!!!!:hihi:.Stll see quite a few old faces but I struggle to remember which ones you knew that I knew if you know what i mean, I still spend time with some of my old mates from school believe it or not, bloody long time ago that seems like only yesterday not the same now is it?.Oh must go ime rambling again take care tel .....karen x

This thread brings back memories. Used to go in the club in the early 70's. Big Bri was my uncle and he certainly left a "big" hole in more ways than one.

Does anyone remember Alf Woollen, Brian's dad? He was also on the club committee in the 60's & 70's

yes i remember alf and his wife used to sit just inside the doorway,and of course i knew brian,we used to go to some wicked christmas parties with him back at someone house think it was at pitsmoor

I remember Alf & Nellie sitting just inside the door on the left hand side. Woe betide anyone that sat in "Nellies seat". It was black looks all night.

Once made the mistake of standing at the bar with Brian one Saturday night. Could he drink. I don't think I recovered until Tuesday. Starnge thing is the beer never appeared to affect him.

Does anyone remember how quiet it went when the tombola was on? If you went to the bar you had to whisper to the bar staff.