Lookin for a restaurant in town for after Rev gig on Friday

Lima-India

Can anyone suggest any eatieries in town where I can take friends for dinner after the Reverend gig this Friday? Not after anything too lavish, but also not after a greasy spoon or takeaway.

The friends are travelling down from Durham after work so we won't get chance to eat before the seeminly early timings for the gig (doors 6.30pm, curfew 10pm!!!), but we want to make a night of it afterwards, but as they are boys I know food will need to be on the agenda if I am later to persuade them onto any dancefloors (any suggestions for indie/soul/decent tunes dancefloors on a Friday also very welcome)

Have no idea what time gig will be finished but assume it will be significantly later than the time the majority of establishments stop serving food.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated......

Ta

I am also going to this gig. Does anyone know what "Curfew 10pm" means ?

Does it mean that

1 ) they don't let anyone in after 10pm

2 ) everyone has to be out by 10pm

3 ) there is a disco called curfew which starts at 10pm

Also does anyone know who the support band is ?

Thanks for suggestions - please keep em coming!

I know and like the Ivory - but assumed it would have a 9pm food ordering cut off!

Sorry - don't think i could face Jumbo - I once went to Wokmania - not sure what possessed me!

So on the possibles list is Nando's, Aagrah and Cafe Guru

Also no idea what curfew means - maybe that they won't let anyone in after 10, can't think it would mean it's over by 10 - surely not!!!!

Support I believe is Toddla T and Smokers Die Younger - have heard of the latter, but don't know either - but will be getting there as early as possible (as soon as friends land) to show support to the up and coming!!!!

curfew at ten means event finished at 10pm - band dragged off too if they overrun. Been to many many gigs and venues take curfews very seriously, think there's a legal issue with license. Quite amusing when band wont come off and try to play another song..I've seen em be literally dragged off before.

As for indie night try Leadmill good tunes in room2, good atmosphere as that room fills up, or Corporation for slightly more diverse taste in music(if you dont mind music going from monkeys and babyshambles to nirvana, foo fighters later on, and such) , oh yeah and if you dont mind a bit of dirt! If you like dance and djs then Plug always brimming...see youre spoilt with choice!

Barnsleylad,

I doubt that the bands finishing at ten has anything to do with licensing. Having looked at their website, it is clear that they are having a club night at 11 on friday. On other nights of the week the bands are scheduled to go on until 11pm when there isn't a disco afterwards.

Clearly they want to clear people out so that nobody gets into the club night for free.

Thanks barnsleylad - can't believe it will all be over by 10. best make sure we get there as early as possible to make the most of it!

Thanks for your suggestions but I've done leadmill and plug before and I'm not really after a mainstream nightclub - ideally I want something like Threads used to be - don't think i'm going to get it am I. Think will end up either in Runaway Girl, Cubanas or Old House, or maybe even the Harley (Maybe even Bungalows but I was thinking a change would be good, plus the weekend atmosphere is changeable there!)

Muddycoffee - don't think the club night is starting until the following Friday - 18th.

ok muddycoffee, not licensing issue then but doesnt really matter, point is i was just explaining what curfew is and what it means. Its nothing to do with club after - Transmission night doesnt start until the Friday night.

Its not bad about curfew, id prefer it, more time for food and few more bars before club! In London headliners dont go on until after 11 a lot of the time whenever I go, so by time they finish you its bit late to make it into another club unless you make late dash for bus and join big queue, which I've also done!

Wherever you go Lima-India, drink well and enjoy!

Archived