Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

It's only small (as in, I must have walked past it a million times and not realised it's there) but the Italian place on Division St - across the street from Yates' - is fab.

Many alternatives to pizza & pasta, and reasonably priced.

As for the name of it...don't quote me on this but I think it's called San Remos.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by noseyrosie

Just don't go to K Pasa on West Street.

Service: pervy

Food: terrible

Prices: Unreasonable

Atmosphere: t a c k y

I went here for a friends 40th birthday. They made her a penis out of pizza dough and put squirty cream all over it. Al the staff then surrounded her chair made her stand on the chair and eat it.

It wasn't good.

K-pasa is Mexican, IIRC, not Italian........

it's a phoneticisation of the spanish "que pasa?" which means "what's happening?"

For decent Italian food, go to Martini's, on London Road, opposite Highfields Library.

food:- fantastic!

Service:- second to none!

Prices:- very reasonable!

Atmosphere:- welcoming, and homelike, fairly small and intimate

it's a fantastic place, i go regularly.

martin dawes, in his column, in the Sheffield Star, for eating out reviewed another "pizza" place, ("Ask" iirc) and he said that their pizzas weren't up to the standard of those at Martini's....

Martinis do beautiful Pizze..... proper, light, thin, thin crust, a- la italienne which I much prefer to the stodgy,cruddy, doughy deep pan type pizzas.

PT

Hi Everyone,

I'm just new and this is my first post but I promised myself to comment on the La Romantica experience we had.

Recently moved to Sheffield, so trying to explore good restaurants guided by the Forum. There is an article about La Romantica in the Exposed magazine (August) with very good comment. Checking the Forum overall impressions were also good.

So we booked for Saturday night (rang at half 6), no problems for 8.15. Waste of time, because the whole upstairs was empty. Next surprise they don't take cards. So I had to go to Waitrose for some cash. Coming back, I noticed that a downstairs window table is free so we moved down. Staff was a bit upset about it, and left a pile of cutlery on the table. :confused:

The house wine was OK, the starter garlic bread nice, the olives awful, just out of a jar with brine. The main (pizza emiliana (?) and fillet steak) was again nice but nothing special. The best was the dessert (chocolate pancake and copa de la casa), dangerously creamy. Bill £32.

Overall not the best italian we had, 6/10, but is it the best in town? Further research needed.:help:

Archived