Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

• 2 weeks later...

And no one's mentioned the 'Meditarrannean' on Sharrow Vale Road. It may not wholly be an Italian restaurant but it certainly has the flavour of one.

And got to agree with the comments re: not recommending the place opposite Yates'. What next - someone will recommend 'Gondalas'?!?! (if it's still there)

Cannot believe that this is a post about italian restaurants and nobody (unless i missed it when i skimmed thru this thread) has mentioned Vittorias on Eccy Rd.

Vittorias is opposite the bottom of the Sheffield Hallam Collegiate campus, and has to be THE BEST Italian place in town..

been about a dozen or more times in the last couple of years and have NEVER had a bad meal there...

its to die for... and if you like steak - go for their Fillet De La Casa... amazing...

they do a nice lasagne too, and the Ouva Fiorentina starter is fantastic...

id really reccommend it...

plus they've just had a refurb, and its really nice inside...

I'll have to try some of these - I LOVE Italian! I have been to BBs a few times, but have been put off after my last visit. The first two meals I had there were gorgeous, but last time the pasta arrived and it was VERY undercooked - I'm talking crunchy (which was disappointing in itself that they were using dried pasta). The friend I was with tried it and he thought just the same as me so I sent it back. I was then told that I was wrong, it wasn't undercooked, that was how their chef does his pasta - it's al denti (or however you spell it!) - and maybe I shouldn't have pasta if I don't like it! I then ordered a different pasta (the same as my fiend had, cos his was cooked!) and was lectured about how I couldn't send it back again if I didn't like it.

It really annoyed me - the first dish they brought me was inedible, but instead of just letting me order something else they felt the need to tell me it was my taste buds that were wrong!

Portofino on the bottom of chesterfield road (nr ponsfords) is by far the best italian I have ever been too, great food and service and I have tried many.

this is not just pizza and pasta....they do sell it, but their dishes tend to be meat/fish cooked in exellent sauces and served with chunky vegetables. they have a lot of specials which change weekly.

average price for two is around £55.00 including decent wine (not house), starter, main, Pudding and liqueur coffees. I insist on having every course that we can as it's sooooooo nice.

did you know (or care) that Roberto (big Brother) used to work there!

Cant agree about al carreto, found the atmos dull, food ave, but my very worst is, la stanza roma further up chesterfield road. Really liked sette colli, bradfield road, think is owned, or was so by same as portafino's. also very good.

Ps no need to plug martini's as PT has done that enough already lol:o

• 3 weeks later...

Archived