Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

Like others, the GF's birthday is looming and wondered whether people thought la Scala was worth a visit? so many posts that I have not been through all of them......I know it isw quite pricey but am prepared to shell out if the food is good.....any thoughts, comments would be much appreciated

:lol: :lol:

Where not to go:

La Scala - Very disappointing. Mean little portions. We were all still hungry after. And we had to move table for some unexplained reason by a grumpy head of house. They asked us to move again and get a short sharp NO. And what is that excuse of profiteroles they serve with squirty dirty brown cream?

Rossi's - same issue as Nick2. They charged us for a few drinks that none of us had. Naughty... Is that a common ploy they try??

Never dared go to Martinis but will now after the pizza description by Plain_Talker. Yummmm

I like Thyme cafe as it is family friendly.

Mama and Leonies is just pure comfort food. All cosy and snug. I adore it.

I have had good meals at Marco @ Milanos but is very footballer wives on Fri/Sat

Originally posted by kat_1b

has to be Milano's...more expensive than some, but well worth it, go on treat her!!!

When we went there (see our above posts on Marco@milano's) we weren't keen at all.

The food was a mish-mash of different styles, not singularly authentically Italian, it was "neither fish nor fowl" in style.(IOO)

Martini is by far the better place, more intimate,and friendly, welcoming, etc... more of a home-like place, and the food is just to die for.

PT

Archived