Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

>>someone say Antibo`s got a bad review? its wonderful! gorge food, and very atmospheric!!>>

Atmospheric? I've seen more atmosphere in an empty aircraft hangar!

The food was okay-ish (if uninspiring), the prices were high (presumably to pay for the over-the-top decor) and the service was awful.

They should have paid more attention to the menu and the service and less to the ostentatious interior. How do people enjoy eating in such soul-less and insipid places? (And I went in the hope that the reviews would be proved wrong - they weren't!)

:sad:

guess we all have our individual tastes, each to their own!

but you can very easily tell about the prices before you go in by simply looking at the menu, and it is so obviously apparent that its an ostentatious kind of place too, if thats not what you wanted then you were going to the wrong place from the start!

I also like Tratoria Sorento on Crookes, and BB's on Devonshire St, both take your own, good food and cheap.

On Saturday we went to Picollos (possibly spelt wrong) on West Street and I have to say it was very good, and as there was 15 of us we got the private room upstairs. The food was good, the service good the price reasonable, but not take your own and they were very good at making things how people wanted, e.g. veggie fajitas instead of chicken. Was impressed.

Originally posted by fuzzy purple

On Saturday we went to Picollos (possibly spelt wrong) on West Street and I have to say it was very good...

I agree. We went with a few friends a couple of weekends ago and it was excellent all-round.

(BTW, it's spelt Piccolos ;) .)

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by fnkysknky

Can anyone suggest a good Italian restaurant please? GF's birthday next week and she loves Italian food :)

Quite a few around town etc.. What area do you want one in?

Search results found This thread.

:)

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Believe it or not I did actually use the search function and somehow missed that thread :loopy:

Don't mind where abouts it is - as long as it's Italian, lol

The only proper Italian resturant I've been to is the one in Ecclesfield (can't remember the name). Gorgeous little place with amazing food and massive portions.. That can be boxed up and taken away if you don't eat :)

It's on that thread somewhere.

Archived