Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

Originally posted by GazB

The only proper Italian resturant I've been to is the one in Ecclesfield (can't remember the name). Gorgeous little place with amazing food and massive portions.. That can be boxed up and taken away if you don't eat :)

It's on that thread somewhere.

Its Cerrones, never been but wouldnt mind trying it!

One to avoid like the plague is Maria's in Crookes.

I arranged a meet there back in the Summer and it was a complete farce.

Asked for disabled access for 2 wheelchair users in the party, they put us downstairs... In the end they had to move chairs around to accommodate the 2 wheelchairs, which they didn't do very successfully....

Come to time for the meal itself, the service was slow and dawdling, I asked for no green stuff sprinkled on my Pizza, Pizza came back full of green stuff, WTF?!

Next thing poor old Plain_Talker got Flanned, meaning she got ice cream spilt down her back due to the lack of room in the aisle cos of the wheelchairs and the waitress falling over the wheels.

How stupid can people get?

Originally posted by tinajones

Go to Marco at Milano's and she'll love you forever.

Marco at Milano

Park Lodge

Archer Road

Sheffield S8

0114 235 3080

It got rave reviews in the Observer Food Monthly earlier this year.

I just thought it was very overpriced and pretentious (probably something to do with the prices), pasta is one fo the cheapest foods in the world afterall. However there is another Italian on the corner of Archer/Addeydale Road that is much better.

I agree with Nick. I found Marco at Milano to be very disappointing, over priced, uncomfortable, pretentious and snotty. Average food, intrusive service, over priced, and not nearly as good as I was expecting.

BB's gets my vote if you want a fab fillet steak in pepper sauce. But they allow smoking, which I hate in restaurants

BB's is very good, although I am still scarred from burning my forearm on a dish that I wasn't warned was that hot - perhaps not the most romantic moment! The food is very nice there though and I have been back since the burning!! There is a place called Mamma's and Leonis near to the winter gardens and that was also impressive food wise - the only problem was that when we went it was almost empty so our main course was waiting on the bar before we had even finished our starter and the staff were hovering to take our plates - I hate that!!! When I worked as a waitress we would have got a written warning for serving a main course before the starter was cleared!!

Archived