Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

Casanova's in Crookes is good apparently, next door to the Co-Op.. And it's relatively cheap cos being in Crookes, they get a lot of students through their doors obviously.

Originally posted by crazydoc

not just pizza and pasta! Thanks.

This rules out the majority! Think you're looking at Marco@Milanos and not much else if you want Italian food you couldn't knock up yourself in ten minutes.

Otherwise you may find that your anticipated 'risotto' is just basmati rice in Uncle Ben's sauce...

I know it's already been mentioned - but I'd definitely recommend BBs on Division Street. It's not too expensive, good atmosphere and lovely food. Yeah they do pizza and pasta, but also loads of chicken, meat and fish dishes. Melt in your mouth fillet steak, and their chilli mussels are not to be missed.

Vito's in Walkley is by far the best Italian that I've been to in Sheffield. Really great pasta, and although I'm a veggie, the meat and fish looks great (they don't do pizza). Wine is good, although a bit expensive. It's always busy too which is a good sign.

Have heard that Maria's in Crookes is good too.

La Luna on Ecclesall Road (near the Banner Cross) is a really good Italian. Excellent food, superb staff and prices are more than reasonable. (Fillet Steak for around £12) BYO wine and they dont charge corkage. I take my better half there for special occasions and we never leave dissappointed!

I'd second trophymans suggestion of Al Carretto on chesterfield Road near Heeley bridge.

The decor is not that inspiring but the food isout of this world, real italian dishes that taste just like home cooked food. I would recommend the chicken siciliana and tomato garlic bread.

Archived