Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Sorry, but, no. Absolutely, "No!"

Either everyone has human rights, or no-one can have human rights. You can't pick and choose who gets them. they have to apply to everyone, or we cannot describe ourselves as being civilised.

Exactly.....

Is it the "no human rights for anyone if north korea doesn't have them" aspect that appeals or the complete lack of understanding the point i was making that works for you?

Actually, it was Plain Talker's post that worked for me which was why I quoted it. I'd be surprised if there was anything in your post that I failed to understand.

Either everyone has human rights, or no-one can have human rights. You can't pick and choose who gets them. they have to apply to everyone, or we cannot describe ourselves as being civilised.

Everyone is born with human rights. It's as they (the humans)develop that they, by their very actions towards other human beings, determine whether they relinquish their human rights.

I do think that "universal human rights" that apply to any old toerag as soon as they bole up in Europe is a fundamentally flawed concept. We're just encouraging them to come here and that is clearly not needed with the economic situation we find ourselves in.

They have to be universal if they're to have any real meaning - what good are rights if they only apply to people we like the look of?

They have to be universal if they're to have any real meaning - what good are rights if they only apply to people we like the look of?

However they are not universal, they only apply to people who happen to be on our continent at the time. If you or I travel to Pakistan or Saudi Arabia we leave our "human rights" at the check in desk. If a terrorist from Pakistan or Saudi Arabia manages to make it to Europe even illegally then magically he acquires "human rights". Does that sound like a universal system to you or just a really stupid way of incentivising the dross of the planet to head to Europe?

No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

- Article 3 of the Human Rights Act

Which bit of that ruling is the numpty bit?

Killing people aka terrorism is... what precisely? Are you claiming that refusing to comply with a regime that uses torture is the same politically and philosophically as stating that terrorism is okay?

What evidence do you have that Sharia Law, including stoning, is widespread in the UK?

My post doesn't state stoning is widespread, what I said was HE should be stoned, thats different.

As for the matter concerning Sharia law, I work with a number of Muslems and they openly admit they use Sharia law as opposed to British Law to run their lives here in the UK. Apparently its rather rife however this nutter should be tried under Sharia law as under this law he would be stoned to death.

READ THE POST PROPERLY AND STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS!!

My post doesn't state stoning is widespread, what I said was HE should be stoned, thats different.

As for the matter concerning Sharia law, I work with a number of Muslems and they openly admit they use Sharia law as opposed to British Law to run their lives here in the UK. Apparently its rather rife however this nutter should be tried under Sharia law as under this law he would be stoned to death.

Strange laws we have, maybe Sharia law should be considered as so many Islamics use it anyway in this country, thats it, guilty as charged we need to stone him, everyone grab a stone!!!!

There you go - the possibility of stoning as an option linked directly to Sharia Law which you imply is widespread because so many Islamics use it.

Now how about you answer the rest of the questions put to you?

So you're saying that the very worst aspects of Sharia (i.e. barbaric punishments like stoning) are a good idea.

Is there something you're not telling us?

I think you have a lot in common with the Taliban and other Islamist nutjobs.

Do we deny the Fox his dinner, or allow the Rabbit his life, what happens when the Rabbit becomes extinct and the Fox chooses another quarry.

Archived