Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

They come from all over the place. The church first put forward the idea of rights, originally divine and for Kings alone - and then people started to ask "where are my rights, if God gives them?". Other philosophers have taken them on since then, while others have criticised them.

You're not doing anything new - you're just doing it badly.

You really think people have the right to punch a toddler in the face? :D:D

I made it up to show how silly your position was, but still you hold to it.

:D

My right to a peaceful life is being threatened by my neighbours shouting at their kids.

Maybe we can deport them to Jordan. ;)

Until that right is removed of course you have, ( probably by an irate parent giving you a good kicking ) your actions are your rights if you abuse them don't expect others to give you any.

you have the right to breath, unless of course someone removes it.

Jordan has enough problems.

Until that right is removed of course you have, ( probably by an irate parent giving you a good kicking ) your actions are your rights if you abuse them don't expect others to give you any.

you have the right to breath, unless of course someone removes it.

Jordan has enough problems.

I'll repeat the statement - Everybody has a right to not be effected by the use of torture. Everybody has a right to a fair trial.

Those rights are enshrined in law.

I'll repeat the statement - Everybody has a right to not be effected by the use of torture. Everybody has a right to a fair trial.

Those rights are enshrined in law.

Those rights enshrined in law can be altered or ignored.

Think Magna Carta or

Theresa May Promises Scrapping Human Rights Act, Suggests Pulling Out Of European Court Of Human Rights

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 22:47 ----------

So I have the right to punch a toddler in the face if the parent agrees?

This is comedy gold. :D

Of course you do, and no one said the parents would agree, but first think of the consequences if you put your right into practice, if the parents don't do you in, I'm sure you'll get a rough ride.

You have the right to put your hand in the fire but I wouldn't recommend it.

Those rights enshrined in law can be altered or ignored.

Think Magna Carta or

Theresa May Promises Scrapping Human Rights Act, Suggests Pulling Out Of European Court Of Human Rights

You do remember what thread we are in don't you?

Of course you do

There we go folks. If anyone wants to use their right to punch a toddler, and the parents don't object - everyone's happy.

You're looking more deranged by the post and still you persist with this daft reasoning. Nobody has the right to punch anyone, you fool. It's a crime.

Bloody hell. It's a sad day when I'm stating the damn obvious.

So, in summary. Torture is wrong. We shouldn't be party to it, because we're a civilised nation. Err, that's it.

But "we're" not party to it. Even he's not been- or going to be- tortured.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 08:25 ----------

Think Magna Carta

Did she die in vain?

There we go folks. If anyone wants to use their right to punch a toddler, and the parents don't object - everyone's happy.

You're looking more deranged by the post and still you persist with this daft reasoning. Nobody has the right to punch anyone, you fool. It's a crime.

Bloody hell. It's a sad day when I'm stating the damn obvious.

Of course it's a crime, and you are the the criminal if you go ahead and punch the toddler, but it's your right as you are the person in control of your rights, be they wrong or right in law.

Don't blame me if you burn your hand I havn't took away your right to do it.

But "we're" not party to it. Even he's not been- or going to be- tortured.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 08:25 ----------

Did she die in vain?

She's not quite dead but she is being slowly strangled, it won't be long, looks like three more breaths and she's a gonner.

Clauses still in force

The clauses of the 1297 Magna Carta still on statute are:

1. FIRST, We have granted to God, and by this our present Charter have confirmed, for Us and our Heirs for ever, that the Church of England shall be free, and shall have all her whole Rights and Liberties inviolable. We have granted also, and given to all the Freemen of our Realm, for Us and our Heirs for ever, these Liberties under-written, to have and to hold to them and their Heirs, of Us and our Heirs for ever.

9. THE City of London shall have all the old Liberties and Customs which it hath been used to have. Moreover We will and grant, that all other Cities, Boroughs, Towns, and the Barons of the Five Ports, as with all other Ports, shall have all their Liberties and free Customs.

29. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.[45]

WiKi

Archived