Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

His wife is a Burka wearing wife and according to some on here these poor women are downtrodden and forced to wear them etc etc so his wife has no choice but to stick by him as if he is forcing her to wear a burka than it shows he is in charge.
He has been locked up for long enough, the Burka could have come off and she and the kids relocated and offered protection.

My point (or rant because some comments got to me) is that if his wife, and obviously himself, don't care what happens to the kids then how have people on here got the Gaul to say that it would be wrong to send him away as its taking it out on the kids !

Its very simple to me, there's two ways to look at it:

If they don't care about their kids then why should we ?

Or, if we are saying we have a moral duty to the kids regardless, then take the kids into care.

Why have they not been taken into care anyhow ?

Anyone that insight's terrorism or violence on others, we should be asking if its right to have kids grow up in that environment or if it should be classed as abuse for them to grow up believing those views. This isn't one way, it goes for others also, people in the BNP or EDL ect, if its proven that people are openly expressing hate/violence then the social services should do reports on them and see if its in the children's and societies interest to have them stay with the parents.

Yes, I know there's another thread about him, but I'm looking for a simple answer to the question what was Abu Qatada in prison for?

It's hard to find any information, but I suspect he was locked up without charge. I also know he's a bad person who holds the kind of intolerant views I would hate.

Just looking for information.

For links to terrorism i.e. Al Qaeda. Interestingly he was given UK asylum by the Major government after arriving here on a forged passport. I've never heard a convincing - or any - argument as to why he's not been put on trial here, just banged up. It reminds me of internment of Irish republicans in the 70s. That worked so well they must have decided to use it again with Islamists.

He has been locked up for long enough, the Burka could have come off and she and the kids relocated and offered protection.

My point (or rant because some comments got to me) is that if his wife, and obviously himself, don't care what happens to the kids then how have people on here got the Gaul to say that it would be wrong to send him away as its taking it out on the kids !

Its very simple to me, there's two ways to look at it:

If they don't care about their kids then why should we ?

Or, if we are saying we have a moral duty to the kids regardless, then take the kids into care.

Why have they not been taken into care anyhow ?

Anyone that insight's terrorism or violence on others, we should be asking if its right to have kids grow up in that environment or if it should be classed as abuse for them to grow up believing those views. This isn't one way, it goes for others also, people in the BNP or EDL ect, if its proven that people are openly expressing hate/violence then the social services should do reports on them and see if its in the children's and societies interest to have them stay with the parents.

Unless you know differently, I'd imagine because there's no evidence that he represents a risk to the children.

I hope he's released tonight.

And I hope to wake in the morning to the news that someone has pumped a bullet or six into his brain and removed this loathsome, vile accident from our country and earth.

I always recoil a little when allegedly Christian people say things like this.

Anyone would think he'd done something incredibly nasty to someone you love, the way you carry on. Where's your love and charity?

Archived