Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

I always recoil a little when allegedly Christian people say things like this.

Anyone would think he'd done something incredibly nasty to someone you love, the way you carry on. Where's your love and charity?

whats he done/not done that you keep evading the question of what would you do with him?

So what's he on bail for if he has no conviction or charge?

A question we all should be asking, in tones of outraged fury.

Abu Qatada, apparently, wants to destroy the western way of life. Well, if our government is willing to imprison a man for eight years and then put him on a 22-hour-a-day curfew despite him never having been charged with any crime whatsoever - he has succeeded.

"Labour's shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said the government had not done all it could to stop Abu Qatada from being released from the high-security prison.

She said that the government should have appealed against the ECHR ruling, while pursuing urgent deportation negotiations with the Jordanian government." From the BBC website.

So Labour support the locking up of people without trial and oppose the European Court of Human Rights?

He has views that are somewhat critical of the west.

How this makes him a criminal i dont know.

Saying that ive not been following the news too closely so if he has actually done something then thats different.

isn't it inciting people to commit violence against westeners rather than being "critical of the west"?

Although I would have thought you could be charged for that?

"Labour's shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said the government had not done all it could to stop Abu Qatada from being released from the high-security prison.

She said that the government should have appealed against the ECHR ruling, while pursuing urgent deportation negotiations with the Jordanian government." From the BBC website.

So Labour support the locking up of people without trial and oppose the European Court of Human Rights?

Have you seen "taking liberties"? enough said!

isn't it inciting people to commit violence against westeners rather than being "critical of the west"?

Although I would have thought you could be charged for that?

I've seen a few articles stating the biggest charge we could confidently secure a UK conviction on is incitement to murder which would be a maximum of 7 years and as he's already served more than that he'd be immediately released anyway, so we'd have an expensive trial for nothing.

The whole point is to get him out of the UK anyway, not have hime cost us even more money. Hopefully the Jordanians can do a deal that's acceptable and we'll just deport him then argue the appeal at the ECHR with him out of the country.

Archived