Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Good question Mecky.

John Major was responsible for bringing about peace in Northern Ireland, so you can put many hundreds of terrorists removed to his credit, and many hundreds of lives spared.

Or were you just thinking of the ones with beards and funny accents?

Interesting. Are you acknowledging that Thatcher's intransigence on Northern Ireland cost lives?

Yes, strong evidence, I believe, so why we can't bang him up is beyond me. But, Jordan is a better option,as life will be a lot less comfortable :D

Sounds like a real bad ass this geezer. So what did he do?

And why can't he be tried over here?

I wonder if there isn't any actual evidence and the US might want to torture him until he admits to doing some naughty.

Their record isn't very good, no wonder he's fighting tooth and nail.

Who was it let this known terrorist into the country in the first place, gave him shelter and tens of thousands of pounds in benefits for his family and did nothing to try and get rid of him? Remind us all again will you?

I think Abu Qatada entered the Uk in 1993 under a false passport

and was granted asylum in 1994. As far as I remember the government

in power at that time was Conservative under John Major's leadership.

Perhaps you can confirm or deny this.

I think Abu Qatada entered the Uk in 1993 under a false passport and was granted asylum in 1994.

He shouldn’t have been let in, he should have been sent straight back to face the charges he is accused of, he shouldn’t be our problem and he shouldn’t be entitled to legal aid.

How many 'terrorists' were removed from the country under the 13 years Labour were in charge?

Err None. In fact remember those Afghans who hijacked the plane all those years ago? I believe they are all still here despite Blair's promises to get rid of them.

But, that didn't stop Jack Straw having terrorists in other countries picked up and delivered into torture for anyone who wanted them. Of course, he was telling parliament and the people he wasn't doing it. The ****g ******g.

I don't see how any Conservative, or at least the vulgar people who like to consider themselves as Conservatives, can slag of the last government considering the mess the tories have been digging the UK into since 2010.

Nor you mine, so don't get above your station.

As it happens Guantanamo Bay was full of them.

Well you answer mine which I asked first and then I'll answer yours.

Except we know you don't know the answer.

And neither are you bothered about the answer, because it doesn't actually mean anything to you as it isn't in your agenda.

Your agenda is to play up to your chip on your shoulder and turn everything into an anti tory rant without any consideration about what anyone else can do or did do in the same position.

Politics suffers in this country because of people like you - too busy spending time point scoring than actually working for a better country.

I find it strange how the Green party and Labour are commenting on this - this is the very sort of person that they would bring into Sheffield under their " Buying Votes " policy, also known as the " City Of Sanctuary " nonsense.

Interesting. Are you acknowledging that Thatcher's intransigence on Northern Ireland cost lives?

Interesting logic you are using there. Traditionally the only people that cost lives are the terrorists, or are you implying that victims of terrorism are to blame for the actions of terrorists?

Aside from that I understand that Thatcher did have some negotiations with the IRA, but it's pretty shabby to suggest that she was to blame for murderers attacks on innocents, including her and her colleagues and friends.

Archived