Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Well you answer mine which I asked first and then I'll answer yours.

Except we know you don't know the answer.

And neither are you bothered about the answer, because it doesn't actually mean anything to you as it isn't in your agenda.

Your agenda is to play up to your chip on your shoulder and turn everything into an anti tory rant without any consideration about what anyone else can do or did do in the same position.

Politics suffers in this country because of people like you - too busy spending time point scoring than actually working for a better country.

Jesus ... my dad's bigger than your dad

Interesting logic you are using there. Traditionally the only people that cost lives are the terrorists, or are you implying that victims of terrorism are to blame for the actions of terrorists?

Aside from that I understand that Thatcher did have some negotiations with the IRA, but it's pretty shabby to suggest that she was to blame for murderers attacks on innocents, including her and her colleagues and friends.

So if Thatcher's intransigence was not a factor in costing lives how is Major's intervention a factor in saving them? I'm just trying to follow your own 'logic' through. The words cake and eat it come to mind.

He shouldn’t have been let in, he should have been sent straight back to face the charges he is accused of, he shouldn’t be our problem and he shouldn’t be entitled to legal aid.

Agree totally. It was the Tory Government under the leadership of

John Major who were incompetent in 1993 and 94

Perhaps we could learn from the Italians...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132163/Italy-uproar-illegal-immigrants-deported-gagged-duct-tape-bound-plastic-bands.html

"An investigation has been launched after two illegal immigrants were deported from Italy gagged with duct tape across their mouths, surgical masks across their faces and their hands tied with plastic bands."

To prevent this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132528/Heathrow-Airport-arrests-3-men-Birmingham-held-terror-documents.html

"Three men have been arrested on suspicion of possessing articles and documents with intent to use them for terrorist purposes overseas. The men, from Birmingham, were detained at Heathrow Airport last night after arriving on a flight from Oman. They were arrested under Section 57 of the Terrorism Act 2000, West Midlands Police said."

Well you answer mine which I asked first and then I'll answer yours.

Except we know you don't know the answer.

And neither are you bothered about the answer, because it doesn't actually mean anything to you as it isn't in your agenda.

Your agenda is to play up to your chip on your shoulder and turn everything into an anti tory rant without any consideration about what anyone else can do or did do in the same position.

Politics suffers in this country because of people like you - too busy spending time point scoring than actually working for a better country.

:thumbsup:

So if Thatcher's intransigence was not a factor in costing lives how is Major's intervention a factor in saving them? I'm just trying to follow your own 'logic' through. The words cake and eat it come to mind.

Normally I'd try one more time but you don't seem equipped to understand that the only terrorists are to blame for terrorism.

You'd probably feel the same if you'd had a bomb planted under the bath in your ivory tower.

Normally I'd try one more time but you don't seem equipped to understand that the only terrorists are to blame for terrorism.

You'd probably feel the same if you'd had a bomb planted under the bath in your ivory tower.

Oh poor Tony. You don't seem to understand the mess you got yourself in. You have said that Major 'saved' lives by his actions but Thatcher didn't. Lets quit the semantics and use language you prefer. Your logic is that Major chose to save lives but Thatcher didn't. The talks were ongoing from 1990. All that changed in 1993 was the political will.

I didn't say that he was lucky to be blind, as you very well know! However, every cloud has a silver lining, rainbow2411. As a rainbow, you should know that! Some people decide that such a disability would be a reason to end their life, but I do not. In general, I like to see the benefits of what might otherwise be a bad situation. It's called a positive outlook. Okay?

Yes I am sorry I was being a little grumpy but I'm over it now :smile:

Archived