Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

What else would you expect a NEW LIEbour rag to say, well done Miss May for getting closer to getting the filth that is Abu Qatada deported. NEW LIEbour had 9 years to get rid of the filth, don't seem to have made much of a job of it did they. Still it was Townie Bliar and his incompetants who opened our borders up to the dross of the world that permeate our society to-day.

Angel.

What were the tories thinking when he applied to asylum in the UK in 1993 and was granted leave in 1994? Need I go on?

What were the tories thinking when he applied to asylum in the UK in 1993 and was granted leave in 1994? Need I go on?

It's almost like you actually believe that Abu Qatada's application was inspected, processed, approved and stamped by a politician.

It's almost like you actually believe that Abu Qatada's application was inspected, processed, approved and stamped by a politician.

Isn't that the same kind of glib argument used to attack Labour's record though?

Some people certainly do, it doesn't make it any more pertinent. We both know that politicians create the broad systems that civil servants and others work in. Politicians, quite rightly, usually don't know or care about day to day matters since they rely on their officers to do their job properly. Whether Quatada was a day here or there on his timing is irrelevant and she can't do a blind thing about it, but trying to claim credit is plain silly and ranks up with the conference cat.

The point of this thread is not what has happened, its that the Home Secretary is trying score political capital from an empty page, but every time she opens her gob she sounds like a politician instead of somebody who actually knows what's going on.

She needs to either keep schtum and let people get on with their jobs, or get some better advisers and PR people.

Some people certainly do, it doesn't make it any more pertinent. We both know that politicians create the broad systems that civil servants and others work in. Politicians, quite rightly, usually don't know or care about day to day matters since they rely on their officers to do their job properly. Whether Quatada was a day here or there on his timing is irrelevant and she can't do a blind thing about it, but trying to claim credit is plain silly and ranks up with the conference cat.

The point of this thread is not what has happened, its that the Home Secretary is trying score political capital from an empty page, but every time she opens her gob she sounds like a politician instead of somebody who actually knows what's going on.

She needs to either keep schtum and let people get on with their jobs, or get some better advisers and PR people.

She does need to keep her trap shut. And so do Labour. This issue needs to be dealt with in the best way for the country and it is not in the best interests of the country to give a radical religious nutjob day after day of national front page publicity. So I kind of agree with you :)

She does need to keep her trap shut. And so do Labour. This issue needs to be dealt with in the best way for the country and it is not in the best interests of the country to give a radical religious nutjob day after day of national front page publicity. So I kind of agree with you :)

Me three.:)

Abu flamin' Qatada, why not get someone to 'do him' bung em a few grand in a nest egg for when they get out in 15 years, or something along them lines, I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers in these financially difficult times,

It would save the country a fortune :thumbsup:

Archived