Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

The person that committed a crime against me was not foreign, he was British and the Police do not deal with compensation claims, yes they prosecuted him I think but I was not that involved in the case, being that tere were alot of people hhe had comitted crimes against with it being armed robbery.

I would have had to go to a seperate solicitor for them to take my case on afainst him or my former whoever it would have been . like I said it never got that far unfortunately, why don`t you try listening as I am not repeating myself again. :(

My bold=

I did read your post but you didn't say you needed a solicitor to launch a compensation case that is why i asked why the need as i am not a mind reader.

The person that committed a crime against me was not foreign, he was British

So he was British ... and because he was British ... you want to 'send foreigners back'? All of them, except the nice ones with professions?

Stop pulling a sad face, you'll get no pity. You're talking absolute nonsense.

I have been a victim of crime for a pound of Beef

Then go to the police. It is the crown that prosecutes crimes.

What do you need to be compensated for?

Well is that not obvious why else would I want to go to a Solicitor when I have been a victim of crime for a pound of Beef, errrrrrrr Doh. :(

I have a friend who got shot and lost his spleen and he didn't need a solicitor as the criminal injuries board sorted his compensation out so no it isn't obvious.

Change your attitude as well because it stinks.

I have to disagree we do get nothing and if you came over here seeking asylum you do get prefrential treatment. :(

If you come here seeking asylum you are not allowed to claim benefits, not allowed to work, and made to live inside a locked compound. What exactly is preferential about this?

• 2 weeks later...

How many appeals are we going to let this guy have? Where highly paid lawyers are simply appealling to drag the case and their fees out there needs to be a system at the least to prevent legal aid funding it.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/abu-qatada-denied-bail-ahead-of-deportation-appeal-1-2323183

Published on Monday 28 May 2012 15:45

JORDANIAN terror suspect Abu Qatada will remain in prison without bail ahead of his deportation appeal, a Special Immigration Appeals Commission judge ruled today.

Lawyers for Jordanian terror suspect also confirmed they would take his fight against deportation back to Europe if the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac) rules against him in October or November.

Edward Fitzgerald QC, representing Qatada, told a central London hearing today: “There can be no question of deportation being imminent.”

Qatada was not present for the hearing.

Mr Fitzgerald confirmed his client would be making an appeal but said the case would need a “significant” amount of time.

He said: “Our evidence will have to deal with the situation on the ground,” adding that “it will be difficult to ascertain how those who are giving evidence do so”.

The barrister questioned evidence taken in Jordan against Qatada before highlighting allegations that the country’s previous leader had been “window dressing”, while the secret services retained control of the country.

Home Office barrister Robin Tam QC said the proceedings would be “straightforward”, adding: “This is not the time to be dragging things out until the last minute.”

Mr Justice Mitting told lawyers that another hearing could take place on July 24 but said the full tribunal would not take place until mid-October.

Around eight BNP supporters gathered outside the court to protest about the hearing.

Qatada, described by a judge as Osama bin Laden’s right-hand man in Europe, is being held in a high-security prison while he fights deportation to Jordan over terror charges.

The radical cleric’s 10-year battle against deportation is in the hands of the British courts after the 51-year-old lost his attempt to make a final appeal to Europe’s human rights judges earlier this month.

The political situation in Jordan has also worsened in recent months, casting fresh doubt on the UK’s ability to deport him, they claimed.

Repeated failed attempts by UK governments over the last 10 years to deport the radical cleric have cost nearly £1 million in legal fees, Government figures show.

No figures have been given for how much Qatada has received in legal aid and some estimates put the cost of keeping Qatada in the UK, either in a high-security jail or closely monitored under strict conditions in the community, along with the legal costs of the fight to deport him, at more than £3 million.

Qatada, who is said to have wide and high-level support among extremists, was convicted in his absence in Jordan of involvement with terror attacks in 1998 and faces a retrial in his home country.

He also featured in hate sermons found on videos in the flat of one of the September 11 bombers.

Since 2001, when fears of the domestic terror threat rose in the aftermath of the attacks, he has challenged, and ultimately thwarted, every attempt by the Government to detain and deport him.

Archived