Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

The guy is simply playing the system. We need someone with the gonads to simply say, appeals all done, you are on your way mate, ASAP.

But where is this individual with the gonads to do this deed, I cannot see him in any of our political party's.

Angelfire.

The guy is simply playing the system. We need someone with the gonads to simply say, appeals all done, you are on your way mate, ASAP.

But where is this individual with the gonads to do this deed, I cannot see him in any of our political party's.

Angelfire.

I'll do it, can I have the job please. :D

He should have been nobbled by a hit-man years ago.

I was thinking that when I saw the thread title...great minds think alike...its not hard for the secret service to help someone commit suicide, they did it with Dr Kelly...

How many appeals are we going to let this guy have? Where highly paid lawyers are simply appealling to drag the case and their fees out there needs to be a system at the least to prevent legal aid funding it.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/abu-qatada-denied-bail-ahead-of-deportation-appeal-1-2323183

Published on Monday 28 May 2012 15:45

JORDANIAN terror suspect Abu Qatada will remain in prison without bail ahead of his deportation appeal, a Special Immigration Appeals Commission judge ruled today.

Lawyers for Jordanian terror suspect also confirmed they would take his fight against deportation back to Europe if the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac) rules against him in October or November.

Edward Fitzgerald QC, representing Qatada, told a central London hearing today: “There can be no question of deportation being imminent.”

Qatada was not present for the hearing.

Mr Fitzgerald confirmed his client would be making an appeal but said the case would need a “significant” amount of time.

He said: “Our evidence will have to deal with the situation on the ground,” adding that “it will be difficult to ascertain how those who are giving evidence do so”.

The barrister questioned evidence taken in Jordan against Qatada before highlighting allegations that the country’s previous leader had been “window dressing”, while the secret services retained control of the country.

Home Office barrister Robin Tam QC said the proceedings would be “straightforward”, adding: “This is not the time to be dragging things out until the last minute.”

Mr Justice Mitting told lawyers that another hearing could take place on July 24 but said the full tribunal would not take place until mid-October.

Around eight BNP supporters gathered outside the court to protest about the hearing.

Qatada, described by a judge as Osama bin Laden’s right-hand man in Europe, is being held in a high-security prison while he fights deportation to Jordan over terror charges.

The radical cleric’s 10-year battle against deportation is in the hands of the British courts after the 51-year-old lost his attempt to make a final appeal to Europe’s human rights judges earlier this month.

The political situation in Jordan has also worsened in recent months, casting fresh doubt on the UK’s ability to deport him, they claimed.

Repeated failed attempts by UK governments over the last 10 years to deport the radical cleric have cost nearly £1 million in legal fees, Government figures show.

No figures have been given for how much Qatada has received in legal aid and some estimates put the cost of keeping Qatada in the UK, either in a high-security jail or closely monitored under strict conditions in the community, along with the legal costs of the fight to deport him, at more than £3 million.

Qatada, who is said to have wide and high-level support among extremists, was convicted in his absence in Jordan of involvement with terror attacks in 1998 and faces a retrial in his home country.

He also featured in hate sermons found on videos in the flat of one of the September 11 bombers.

Since 2001, when fears of the domestic terror threat rose in the aftermath of the attacks, he has challenged, and ultimately thwarted, every attempt by the Government to detain and deport him.

He doesn't like this country.

So why doesn't he stop moaning and get lost?

I don't like Spain, so I don't live there. I wouldn't live there, take my benefit money of the spaniards and moan all day.

Grow a pair of balls and clear off.

Alternatively, put him on jobseekers allowance and if he isn't trying hard enough to find work, stop his benefits. He will then have to choose to go somewhere else. or get a job

I was thinking that when I saw the thread title...great minds think alike...its not hard for the secret service to help someone commit suicide, they did it with Dr Kelly...

We don't need to have him killed, we just need to put him on a plane to Jordan, as the French do, as the Italians do.

We need to stop playing boyscouts and bowing and scraping to the ECHR.

Haha!

Great minds certainly do think alike!

I actually thought of Dr Kelly before i typed my first reply.

We don't need to have him killed, we just need to put him on a plane to Jordan, as the French do, as the Italians do.

We need to stop playing boyscouts and bowing and scraping to the ECHR.

I was just thinking though that it would have been more cost-effective to have made him disappear years ago.

I was just thinking though that it would have been more cost-effective to have made him disappear years ago.

If we lived in the sort of theocratic monstrosity of a country that Abu Qatada would like to impose on us, we might well have done that.

Thankfully, we don't, and don't want to either.

Having people discretely killed isn't actaully that cheap given the ammount of silence you have to buy on an ongoing basis so just deporting him and letting the echr whine about it would have been the most cost effective method.

Archived