Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

We need to stop playing boyscouts and bowing and scraping to the ECHR.

This delay has got nothing to do with the ECHR.. as it currently stands the ECHR is happy for the UK to deport him. This hold up is more to do with our own legal processes.

I am all for sending hm back, he must go, but I am also sure it must be done legally. I think we have had enough of illegality from our elected government. Invading Iraq, probably killing David Kelly, intimidating others are all signs of a fascist regime, which is as close as this country has ever got under the last LABOUR administration.

All removal cases get a right of appeal to the lower tribal, however, they can appeal the decision of the lower tribunal to the upper tribunal. After that it goes to private appeals, I'm not sure how far down the line he is.

The guy is simply playing the system. We need someone with the gonads to simply say, appeals all done, you are on your way mate, ASAP.

But where is this individual with the gonads to do this deed, I cannot see him in any of our political party's.

Angelfire.

As much as I disliked Thatcher for what she did to local industry, she would have had him booted out years ago.

They should make this bloke PM,he certainly can run rings round our pathetic mob.

Didn't Oscar Wilde say " whenever politicians get involved you know you have a lost cause". Deja vu ?

PS I can't find that quote,but it still works for our lot.

• 2 months later...
The guy is simply playing the system. We need someone with the gonads to simply say, appeals all done, you are on your way mate, ASAP.

But where is this individual with the gonads to do this deed, I cannot see him in any of our political party's.

Angelfire.

That's a good thing, I'd hate for any political party to have that much clout. A seperate executive and judiciary is only ever a good idea.

He should have been nobbled by a hit-man years ago.

well hes still breathing, which is unfortunate. im sure he will be well treated when the jordanians get their hand on him!!!....what do you think?. personally, after he arrives in jordan i doubt we will hear about him again. i think they will keep alive for a few years...just so he gets to know what real pain feels like,( the jordanian are good at that sort of thing) and then they will probably finish of with their party trick and fill his mouth and throat with sand. for those of you out there who might think this harsh, spare a thought for those poor people who were killed and maimed on the london underground!.

• 3 months later...

Archived