Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

I agree, he is just one man, how hard can it be to just get rid of it.

If this goes on much longer i think it may well come to the point where he will "Disappear " permanently . That may be a last resort ,but im sure that time is approaching fast.

If this goes on much longer i think it may well come to the point where he will "Disappear " permanently . That may be a last resort ,but im sure that time is approaching fast.

The window of opportunity for that went a long time ago. Like it or not this has to be done by law, the best thing this scumbag could do would be the catalyst for revoking the laws protecting him.

How much is this fiasco costing us?

When you hear that jailed MP Huhn was paying his barrister £20K A DAY to fight his corner, how much will the government be paying?

Once again it's our taxes footing the bill. In times of austerity how come we can afford it?

And why, for heaven's sake, has the government allowed the Law to get so expensive? Could it be something to do with the fact that half the MPs in the cabinet are Lawyers or have friends who are?

Who's to say he would be tried in front of a jury ? Given that the Huhne case has , most publicly ( and conveniently ) shown that multi cultural juries don't work ( surely not the first time this has happened but - )

Just another nail in the coffin of democracy , another attempt to undermine the jury system under suspicious pretences .

But yes I agree , can't we try him in the UK and start to cut our losses rather than draw the whole thing out at even greater cost .

How much is this fiasco costing us?

When you hear that jailed MP Huhn was paying his barrister £20K A DAY to fight his corner, how much will the government be paying?

Once again it's our taxes footing the bill. In times of austerity how come we can afford it?

And why, for heaven's sake, has the government allowed the Law to get so expensive? Could it be something to do with the fact that half the MPs in the cabinet are Lawyers or have friends who are?

Cherie Blair

I think you'll find scum like him have NO human rights, and by paying for all the stuff you mention, just proved that Britain is a set of tw$$$

Why is he scum?

How much do you know about him to call him that? You will find plenty of genuine scums who were born here in UK and get labelled that when their crimes are committed and they are sentenced.

Abu Qatada hasn't actually committed a single offence in any country other than – allegedly – Jordan.

It is becoming known that he assisted MI5 and MI6- probably why this whole process of deporting is on then off, then on then off .....

Some in the government probably do want him off loaded to Jordon- ideally hushed up forever..and some don't want him to go as he may be tortured and start singing about all he knows..

No surprises a few judges have ruled against his deportation then.

Why is he scum?

How much do you know about him to call him that? You will find plenty of genuine scums who were born here in UK and get labelled that when their crimes are committed and they are sentenced.

Abu Qatada hasn't actually committed a single offence in any country other than – allegedly – Jordan.

It is becoming known that he assisted MI5 and MI6- probably why this whole process of deporting is on then off, then on then off .....

Some in the government probably do want him off loaded to Jordon- ideally hushed up forever..and some don't want him to go as he may be tortured and start singing about all he knows..

No surprises a few judges have ruled against his deportation then.

Breach of bail is a crime ! He has breached his bail so therefore he is going back to prison .

Anyone wanted on terrorism charges in any country is a scumbag . Don't even begin to tell me this man is innocent until proven guilty .

He has never worked a day in his life since being here ,just sponged of soft touch Britain , that should be a crime in its self .

As for the conspiracy theories about him being some kind of secret service aid., give over ... Wo would want that scruffy looking dole scrounger wandering around m15 headquarters .

99% of Britain's ordinary decent people want him gone just like 99% of people on this thread want him gone .

Ask yourself . Why am I in the 1% defending him ?

Breach of bail is a crime ! He has breached his bail so therefore he is going back to prison .

Anyone wanted on terrorism charges in any country is a scumbag . Don't even begin to tell me this man is innocent until proven guilty .

He has never worked a day in his life since being here ,just sponged of soft touch Britain , that should be a crime in its self .

As for the conspiracy theories about him being some kind of secret service aid., give over ... Wo would want that scruffy looking dole scrounger wandering around m15 headquarters .

99% of Britain's ordinary decent people want him gone just like 99% of people on this thread want him gone . Ask yourself . Why am I in the 1% defending him ?

I was asking what is his crime- other then allegations which have no evidence?

And he has been helping the MI5, he also helped by making appeals for releasing of hostages like Norman Kember, a peace activist taken hostage by militants in Iraq.

To return the favour, Mr. Kember provided bail security for Abu Qatada in 2008. Abu Qatada also made a plea for the release of BBC journalist Alan Johnston who was kidnapped in 2009 by gunmen in Palestine- are these the acts of a terrorist?

If Abu Qatada is the “truly dangerous individual” that the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission (SIAC) judge claimed him to be, there are some serious questions the Government must answer about him:

1) Why in over ten years has Abu Qatada never been questioned by the police or intelligence services?

2) Why can no one produce any evidence against Abu Qatada at a time when Britain has more antiterrorism legislation in place than it did at the height of the IRA campaign?

3) Why has the terrorism threat level in this country not decreased since Abu Qatada, who constitutes such a “threat to national security”, has been in custody?

Archived