Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

I was asking what is his crime- other then allegations which have no evidence?

And he has been helping the MI5, he also helped by making appeals for releasing of hostages like Norman Kember, a peace activist taken hostage by militants in Iraq.

To return the favour, Mr. Kember provided bail security for Abu Qatada in 2008. Abu Qatada also made a plea for the release of BBC journalist Alan Johnston who was kidnapped in 2009 by gunmen in Palestine- are these the acts of a terrorist?

If Abu Qatada is the “truly dangerous individual” that the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission (SIAC) judge claimed him to be, there are some serious questions the Government must answer about him:

1) Why in over ten years has Abu Qatada never been questioned by the police or intelligence services?

2) Why can no one produce any evidence against Abu Qatada at a time when Britain has more antiterrorism legislation in place than it did at the height of the IRA campaign?

3) Why has the terrorism threat level in this country not decreased since Abu Qatada, who constitutes such a “threat to national security”, has been in custody?

Answer to Question 1 . You know full well he has been under constant supervision and will have been monitored so closely that questioning him would be pointless as they already know most of the answers .

Question 2 . The fact the Jordanian government have a trial waiting for him to attend , and this whole debacle tells you he is worthy of nothing other than a deportation order .

Question 3 . Do you think the terrorism level would honestly be decreased due to the capture of one man when there is hundreds of Nutters all fighting for the same cause still on the streets ?

Why are you defending him ? Just curious to know why someone with links to terrorism , wanted in another country on terrorism charges . Has never worked a day in his life . Costing you the taxpayer upto now over £3million is being defended by yourself .

In February 2001 he was arrested by anti-terror police on suspicion of involvement in a plot to bomb Strasbourg Christmas market. He was found to be carrying £170,000 in cash, including £805 in an envelope marked: “For the mujahedin in Chechnya.” Care to explain that ? Are these the actions of an innocent man ?

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 09:12 ----------

Good questions Mr Fisk. Very good questions, which will at the very least perhaps persuade one or two people to see past the pantomime villain the gutter press have sold them.

As if by magic you appear :)

I was asking what is his crime- other then allegations which have no evidence?

And he has been helping the MI5, he also helped by making appeals for releasing of hostages like Norman Kember, a peace activist taken hostage by militants in Iraq.

To return the favour, Mr. Kember provided bail security for Abu Qatada in 2008. Abu Qatada also made a plea for the release of BBC journalist Alan Johnston who was kidnapped in 2009 by gunmen in Palestine- are these the acts of a terrorist?

If Abu Qatada is the “truly dangerous individual” that the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission (SIAC) judge claimed him to be, there are some serious questions the Government must answer about him:

1) Why in over ten years has Abu Qatada never been questioned by the police or intelligence services?

2) Why can no one produce any evidence against Abu Qatada at a time when Britain has more antiterrorism legislation in place than it did at the height of the IRA campaign?

3) Why has the terrorism threat level in this country not decreased since Abu Qatada, who constitutes such a “threat to national security”, has been in custody?

And despite all that he ran away from the justice system of his country in which he was found guilty of terrorism and sentenced to life imprisonment.

And despite all that he ran away from the justice system of his country in which he was found guilty of terrorism and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Would that be Jordan? Isn't this the whole question? Justice.

If the Jordanians had a system which mirrored that of the west then the whole question of extradition would be moot...he'd be gone.

If the Jordanians had a system which mirrored that of the west then the whole question of extradition would be moot...he'd be gone.[/quote

Does the west have a better judicial system than the east then ?

If the Jordanians had a system which mirrored that of the west then the whole question of extradition would be moot...he'd be gone.

I don't think Britain should be interfering in the justice systems of other countries, he is Jordanian and should be tried and punished according to their laws.

If he breaks the law here he should be tried and punished according to our laws.

I don't think Britain should be interfering in the justice systems of other countries, he is Jordanian and should be tried and punished according to their laws.

Do you think we shouldn't interfere with Taliban justice on women and human rights? Or Iranian justice on women and human rights? Or do you want the law changed for one individual just because you don't like immigrants or Muslims?

I

f he breaks the law here he should be tried and punished according to our laws.

I agree, and to date he's committed no crime.

Do you think we shouldn't interfere with Taliban justice on women and human rights? Or Iranian justice on women and human rights?

What do you think we should about countries and governments that have poor human rights for women?

Should we invade them all and take control of their countries?

I agree, and to date he's committed no crime.

So you think the UK should be a safe haven in which criminals can escape the justice of countries in which they have committed crime.

At risk of rehashing old claims on his behalf, wasn't the evidence against him, from the Jordanians, unreliable, as it had been obtained under torture?

I don't know the full evidence in his case, either for, or against, so I am not sure whether these charges actually stand up to fair and reasonable scrutiny.

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying/ questioning that

a) evidence obtained under torture is not reliable, and

b) what actual, reliable evidence is held against him.

Maxmax...

So you think the UK should be a safe haven in which criminals can escape the justice of countries in which they have committed crime.

No, but the UK should definitely be a safe haven for people who have been falsely accused of capital crimes in their own countries...

What do you think we should about countries and governments that have poor human rights for women?

Continually pressure and take them to task if they wish to trade.

Should we invade them all and take control of their countries?

:huh:

If that countries record on human rights is poor...yes.

The whole definition of "Criminal and justice" puts it into question when discussing Jordan.

What you're implying here is because he''s been found guilty (suspicious considering ) in another country his rights here as an innocent should be ignored. It's a bit like saying you don't like the result of a well defined justice system and you want a kangaroo court to dish out some nasty justice..not because of the crime but purely because of racial and religious prejudice.

Archived