Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

At risk of rehashing old claims on his behalf, wasn't the evidence against him, from the Jordanians, unreliable, as it had been obtained under torture?

I don't know the full evidence in his case, either for, or against, so I am not sure whether these charges actually stand up to fair and reasonable scrutiny.

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying/ questioning that

a) evidence obtained under torture is not reliable, and

b) what actual, reliable evidence is held against him.

Maxmax...

No, but the UK should definitely be a safe haven for people who have been falsely accused of capital crimes in their own countries...

So it should be a safe haven for him his wife and 4kids who live in £450 000 taxpayer funded home in London .

If I was seeking refuge in another country the least I would do is work and pay something back .

So it should be a safe haven for him his wife and 4kids who live in £450 000 taxpayer funded home in London .

If I was seeking refuge in another country the least I would do is work and pay something back .

As if by magic you appear :)

Certain people always find time to defend certain subjects :cool:

And equally those with prejudice always find time to defend their prejudice 24/7 it seems.

Anyway..back on topic, if that's at all possible.

I take it you are totally unaware of the laws that forbid Asylum Seekers taking up employment, then?

I take it you are totally unaware of the laws that forbid Asylum Seekers taking up employment, then?

I was unaware . If that's the case even more of a joke and an insult to taxpayers paying for his existence wouldn't you agree?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

I was unaware . If that's the case even more of a joke and an insult to taxpayers paying for his existence wouldn't you agree?

So you would support the rights of asylum seekers to work would you?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

• 4 weeks later...

Archived