Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

One little problem though, murder is wrong.

Ok. Stick a hood over his head, put him in a plane and dump him somewhere. France, Iran, north Korea anywhere. Ecquador, theyll take anyone. Then do not apply for any extradition. Problems like him we don't need and cannot afford.

Ok. Stick a hood over his head, put him in a plane and dump him somewhere. France, Iran, north Korea anywhere. Ecquador, theyll take anyone. Then do not apply for any extradition. Problems like him we don't need and cannot afford.

You're advocating breaching his human rights ? :loopy:

So two wrongs make a right then ?

No room in my tent btw.

There is another option. Give a plane ticket. Let him go where ever he wants. Whilst we're at it, let's give the equador embassy a Julian assange shaped diplomatic pouch so we can ditch him (and the massive police costs) as well.

I don't know one hundred percent but I suspect that the time he's spent in jail awaiting deportation would be eligible against sentence and for the stuff that could be proved in open court it would result in sentences less than time served so would just be a titular sentence. I could be wrong on the technicalities of that but that's my understanding.

The big issue here is to ensure his ilk never again view the UK as a safe haven and getting treaties in place with the places where they hail is vital in that and we are making good progress on that score. Also ensuring no government again allows his kind to claim asylum is important and he, to be fair, has ensured that in perpetuity. Given that was such a problem in the 90's under both governments he has on that level done us a favour, islamists now don't try to claim asylum because they are islamsits as they would be rejected and deported immediately. They still sneak in and strong treaties will allow us to remove them without all the human rights nonsense Qatada has played to.

We still do need to address the territorial application of any rights laws however and a repatriation of whatever rights laws we have to Britain and conditionality on legal residence of application of such rights are key.

What's also interesting is that Jordan has to change its criminal code to stop evidence obtained by torture being used. If it goes beyond Abu Qatada's rights and protects those in Jordan who may face the odd nail pulling with pliers, then the UK justice system has not only got rid of him but influenced the Jordanian judicial system. Win win it would seem.

There is another option. Give a plane ticket. Let him go where ever he wants. Whilst we're at it, let's give the equador embassy a Julian assange shaped diplomatic pouch so we can ditch him (and the massive police costs) as well.

Doesn't sound legal to me. :suspect:

What's also interesting is that Jordan has to change its criminal code to stop evidence obtained by torture being used. If it goes beyond Abu Qatada's rights and protects those in Jordan who may face the odd nail pulling with pliers, then the UK justice system has not only got rid of him but influenced the Jordanian judicial system. Win win it would seem.

I think win-win given the massive cost to hard working Britons for this fuzzy faced terrorist rat is a little over optimisic but I agree with the broad sentiments.

I think win-win given the massive cost to hard working Britons for this fuzzy faced terrorist rat is a little over optimisic but I agree with the broad sentiments.

The cost is a given (past tense)..the win win was a referral to the future. Our governments washes millions down the swany every day at the expense of hard working Britons..nothing really unique in that.

The cost is a given (past tense)..the win win was a referral to the future. Our governments washes millions down the swany every day at the expense of hard working Britons..nothing really unique in that.

Agreed, I do hope once the treaty is ratified into jordanian law we do follow the suggested approach of request deportation and deport immediately it's granted with out of country appeal. This should not drag on any further.

Archived