Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Er, they can be: when it comes to a Certain Other Middle-Eastern country which most of its enemies don't even recognise and wish to expunge from the map. UNO/Amnesty are not noted for giving it any support at all- just the opposite...

If you have any specific examples of the UN and Amnesty being patronising, colonial or racist towards Isreal it might be more appropriate for another thread so we don't completely derail this one.

I would be genuinely interested.

They're not capable of giving him a fair trial. They use torture as a means of extracting information which can later be used as evidence.

Who cares . This nutter has been taking this country for mugs for way too long, bleeding us dry . for someone who hates this country and our way of life he sure is happy to accept the benefit payments, legal aid and a home paid for by us. Can you see the Yanks messing about like this ? Never , they would have thrown him on a plane to Jordan years ago . Its a joke that this country takes its orders from those interfering suits in Brussels.

It depends on Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

That’s not everyone’s idea of torture, its just the opinion of a few people that think they are superior to other people.

That article can't define what I would think was torture, torture to one person could easily be sexual pleasure for someone else, believe it or not some people enjoy paid.

That’s not everyone’s idea of torture, its just the opinion of a few people that think they are superior to other people.

That article can't define what I would think was torture, torture to one person could easily be sexual pleasure for someone else, believe it or not some people enjoy paid.

You know..you have this moronic ability to reduce a subject (torture) to some diluted far removed subject like sexual pleasure as though you've made some profound statement that should shock us all into awe. Just because you have to get off your arse to get your can from the fridge because your wife's on a night out at bingo isn't torture..you may see it as so, but those who've actually experienced state torture would tell you differently...and probably show you the scars as proof.

Tell us Mr Smith what experience do you have of state torture that makes your knowledge so superior.

Do you really understand what's being discussed here?

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 23:23 ----------

Who cares . This nutter has been taking this country for mugs for way too long, bleeding us dry . for someone who hates this country and our way of life he sure is happy to accept the benefit payments, legal aid and a home paid for by us. Can you see the Yanks messing about like this ? Never , they would have thrown him on a plane to Jordan years ago . Its a joke that this country takes its orders from those interfering suits in Brussels.

Then get off the thread if you don't care..no one invited you.

You know..you have this moronic ability to reduce a subject (torture) to some diluted far removed subject like sexual pleasure as though you've made some profound statement that should shock us all into awe. Just because you have to get off your arse to get your can from the fridge because your wife's on a night out at bingo isn't torture..you may see it as so, but those who've actually experienced state torture would tell you differently...and probably show you the scars as proof.

Tell us Mr Smith what experience do you have of state torture that makes your knowledge so superior.

Do you really understand what's being discussed here?

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 23:23 ----------

Then get off the thread if you don't care..no one invited you.

You chose to be abusive so you shouldn’t really expect an answer to your question.

You chose to be abusive so you shouldn’t really expect an answer to your question.

Abusive? What, I attack your post as a moronic post that reduces torture to "some people like pain"?

Has it ever occurred to you that someone may be reading this who have actually experienced state torture, or is your world so myopic that you think the world revolves around the shell you call a brain?

Abusive? What, I attack your post as a moronic post that reduces torture to "some people like pain"?

Has it ever occurred to you that someone may be reading this who have actually experienced state torture, or is your world so myopic that you think the world revolves around the shell you call a brain?

You are coming across as abusive to be fair.

You are coming across as abusive to be fair.

I know one person who was seriously tortured by the state, I know of another.

What's abusive is smithy who reduces some very serious issues we have around the world and more importantly those affected by it with "some like a bit of pain" as though he's made some philosophical inroad into the issue of torture.

Moronic statements usually come from a moronic mind.

I know one person who was seriously tortured by the state, I know of another.

What's abusive is smithy who reduces some very serious issues we have around the world and more importantly those affected by it with "some like a bit of pain" as though he's made some philosophical inroad into the issue of torture.

Moronic statements usually come from a moronic mind.

We've all been tortured in the legal definition and we've all tortured. Unless you're a wuss you'll have had fights and doled out beatings and unless you're a superman you'll have lost fights and copped for beatings. Part of life. Call it Torture TM and make it the worst thing ever is a bit gay imo, if you're in the murdering random innocents game then copping for a bit of a kicking and a few pints of water over a flannel is getting off lightly to get you to fess up as to who else is involved.

Use of "torture" gained evidence in court I do have an issue with, getting a bit fruity to get the names to investigate further and get real evidence I don't.

How does opposing torture equate to a weird, bizarre morality?

Any problems with the UN Committee against Torture or Amnesty International?

you don't seem to have any problem with the khmer rouge and the other countrys I listed, as usual you just ignore what is fact:

and you don't have problems with amnesty? one of the biggest sellouts to the abuse of women (and minorities) is acceptance of the Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam by fifty-seven countries. >

The OIC was attempting to make freedom from insult to one's religion a human right under the UN. With punishments for offenders.

As any criticism of Islam would soon be seen as a insult to Islam we would soon have lots of people in prison ( prisoners of conscience) for daring to criticise a religion. To criticise a religion is perhaps the most basic right of free speech of all.

Did Amnesty not see the utter absurdity of their stance?:suspect:

there is a real world outside of that bourgeois psuedo-liberal elite bubble you live in where everything is warm and fuzzy

Archived