Islamic preacher Abu Qatada extradition MEGATHREAD

Very selective ignoring the other parts of that definition.

justice, n.

the quality of being fair and reasonable:

Definition fair

In accordance with the rules or standards, those would be Jordan’s rules and standards because he’s Jordanian and he broke the law in Jordan.

It isn't our responsibility to dictate what the Jordanian government thinks is fair and reasonable, unless you think the British are superior to the Jordanians.

It isn't our responsibility to dictate what the Jordanian government thinks is fair and reasonable, unless you think the British are superior to the Jordanians.

I do.

I'm a patriot. ;)

those would be Jordan’s rules and standards because he’s Jordanian and he broke the law in Jordan.

But he's in England.

We don't have Jordanian law. We have British law.

I do.

I'm a patriot. ;)

But he's in England.

We don't have Jordanian law. We have British law.

But he didn't break the law in England he broke the law in Jordan.

So we are back to some people supporting his right to live in the UK and opposing his extradition to face justice in the country in which he committed acts of terror.

But he didn't break the law in England he broke the law in Jordan.

So we are back to some people supporting his right to live in the UK and opposing his extradition to face justice in the country in which he committed acts of terror.

If the law which governs the UK says we cannot extradite him, then until this law is changed, the government should be bound by it, and the right exists for Qatada to live here.

The way I see it is that people are arguing that the government should act within the current UK law rather than actively believe that Qatada should be free to do what ever he pleases.

If the law which governs the UK says we cannot extradite him, then until this law is changed, the government should be bound by it, and the right exists for Qatada to live here.

The way I see it is that people are arguing that the government should act within the current UK law rather than actively believe that Qatada should be free to do what ever he pleases.

I think the same people also oppose a change of the law because they don’t want him to face justice in Jordan.

The utilitarian argument that the end justifies the means is equally as flawed.

Do you think it's okay to torture a baby to get a father to share information? If not then your moral relativism is nonsense.

Talking of nonsense, there's your post. Of course there is an absolute on anything let alone torture to third parties. It goes on in scumbag regimes an among narcos but yes that is an absolute.

That has **** all to do with supporting the fact that KSM had more to drink than he needed over a couple of years and gave up endless al qaida cells as a result.

Thank you, I am glad somebody can see it. It's not as though it has been said over and over....

Personally, I'd rather him face UK justice, if there is a case to be answered, whilst the appropriate changes can be made to Jordan's attitude to torture.

I imagine that is because there is a clear misconception that opposing torture equates to defending terrorists.

On a personal level I could not give a damn about Abu Qatada and find acts of terrorism to be cowardly, disgraceful and abhorrent.

Torture is an act of terrorism.

terrorism [ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm]

n

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal

2. the act of terrorizing

3. the state of being terrorized

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

I would like to think he could face justice here for what has been perpetrated here until such a time when it can be established that he will face fair and acceptable justice in Jordan.

I do not support Qatada and neither does Halibut. As I have said before, I think he is a reprehensible individual and am keen to see him face justice as soon as and wherever possible, provided that it is justice and not simply terrorism in a uniform of state.

If you can provide one single quote that refers to support of Qatada rather than opposition to torture then please do.

I think some people want to torture Qatada and are sad that our law doesn't allow it.

When you envy Jordan then your moral compass is a bit off; that's my view.

This is the difference between you and I, unlike you I don’t think I am superior to the Jordanians and think they are more than capable of determining their own laws, and respect their right to make their own laws without our interference.

Abu Qatada broke Jordanian law and was tried and found guilty using their laws, the trial followed Jordanian law so was fair and just. By supporting his right to remain in the UK you is opposing justice, probably on the ground of some superiority complex.

Archived