Crosspool Tavern Carvery - anyone been?

slimsid2000

Yep, I thought it was rubbish. A choice of 3 over cooked meats and unlimmited soggy tastless veg all for £8. I guess if you like eating far to much bland food just because you can pile it on the plate then you will probably love it. If you want a decent Sunday lunch then go to the Milestone or the Stag.

i've been loads of times over the years and it depends on the day what the food is like, some days its really good others not so, but you can't dispute the price, sooo cheap, i must say that now its better than it has been in the past aswell

I went on a Sunday when it was busy so expected the food to be better than mid week but it was pretty poor. All the meat was dry and over cooked, the roast potato's were really really greasy, the veg was just like mush, the green beans were inedible! I hate to think what it's like when it's quiet and the food has time to sit under the lamps! If it was still £3.50 then fair enough but it was about £8.

For £3.50 on a week day and sats it is a good meal. I have never had a problem with the meat being over cooked. and veg i think has been ok. Not the best ever Carvey type meal but certainly not the worst. I would try it if i were you decided for yourself, after all it will hardly break the bank!

• 8 months later...

Just been myself (with my 8 year old son).We (my family of 5) very rarely eat out as I'm sick of being ripped off or waiting years to get served...and then being ripped off.So I was really surprised at the food,the price (still £3.50) and the service-i.e. no queues at the carvery and a waiter bringing us our-inexpensive and plentiful-sweets.We-all of us -will be back.:thumbsup:

Archived