Planning application for new houses being built in Treeton

Sadly, their Planning information is not as user friendly as SCC's, but the 289 pages of a 38.53Mb pdf file of the application is here:

http://roam.rotherham.gov.uk/PDF/PlanningPDF/RB2008-0528.pdf

I haven't read it all, but my eye was drawn to paragraphs 5.9 to 5.12 on pages 26 & 27.

"Cabinet decides that it is necessary to release more Greenfield Sites"!

what interested me was page 108 showing the new houses to be built - can't get my head around how 92 houses being crammed onto a field behind an existing much smaller housing site is going to benefit the houses already there :loopy: is there any way of stopping these big building companies - objecting to the planning application seems to hold very little threat :rolleyes:

That "Planning Statement in support of .... " reads just like an Officers Report.

This application has been made after a lot of consultaion with officers and they would assume that it is watertight.

If you want to make any succesful objections (gonna be hard to stop the develoment) you must go and do all your reading up on the planning guidelines, UDP, etc. that are referred to.

You will find that what appear to be factual statements by developers and/or officers may often have alternative interpretations. ("Yes. PPG 'ABC' may state '12345' ... but PPG 'ABD' may also state '9876'.

Look at developments fitting in with the neighbourhood.

Look at density of housing guidelines ... maxima or minima?

true but as their close to Sheff p'way they want to up grade and class themselves from sheffield

Coming into Treeton from the "bottom" side is through Orgreave, Catcliffe, or Brinsworth (and off the Parkway) and coming in from the "top" side is through Whiston or Swallownest .:|

Archived