Wedding flowers

Have a look i some wedding magazines pick out some you like and take them to the florist, a brides bouqet is from around £50 -£100 pounds you can then have as little or as many as you want. If your not that keen on flowers you could have floating candles with petals as centre pieces.

My wedding is at a hotel so not really thought about decorating that as yet. When should i start growing my own if i was to do that option? I have even thought about going to a florist the day b4 wedding and buying lots of flowers that take my fancy and making my own and my bridesmaids bouquets! Dont know it that sounds stupid tho!

I suppose i could use black and pink pearls that would be cheap then just use white flowers. Im not having flowers as centre pieces but still undecided on specific details was thinking tall glass vases with clear fairy lights an some other sort of decoration inside, im very unorganised at this time lol

Not at all, my mum did my best friends wedding flowers, my advice would be steer clear of buying at the florist she went straight to the flower market and even bought lots of lilies from tescos as the turned out to be about a 1/4 of the cost of the florist. She does have a really good eye though and she was very stresed out, it took her 2 days before the wedding getting them all done so my advice would be try and get some one to help its harder than it looks.

For growing them, it depends what you want, you can get info on most things if you google them.

You've still got ages to sort things out though- you're only unorganised if you are saying things like this 6 weeks before the day!

My bouquet was £40 and when my sister married 4 years ago she chose a posy of seasonal flowers for £35. I'm sure that there are lots of people prepared to recommend their local florists for the making up if you don't feel able to do it yourself.

Well thankyou both for your advice you have helped put my mind at rest anyway, i like fiddling with things and would be pleased with myself if i could do my own and as you say would be cheap frm market or even supermarket. I might actually buy a few flowers just to have a go and see if im any good might suprise myself eh! I think im just trying to get it all done now cos im a bit of a worry body! Well if anyone knows of anyone who is any good at this sort of thing or can give me more price guides that would be great!

i feel exactly the same hun, i'm not a flower person at all! in fact, i'm considering just carrying a single flower down the aisle....or perhaps one with a bit of christmas greenery! as for table decorations i'm doing the glass / fairy light or tea light candle thing. I havent a clue of the names of wedding flowers, posies ect!

Lol@honey thats me to a T! No idea of names gonna feel right numpty asking for white things please, haha oh dear what we like! Sure we will think of something tho at least we got our centre pieces sorted, i just got some glitterballs so think im putting them in the vases! Gotta be xmassy in dec!

I ahve got a silk bouquet with crystals and gold threading, got it off ebay at a fraction of the shop prices, I am having Ostrich feathers as the table centre pieces.

I had four 4 foot coloums made and painted and glittered them up, then sprayed 4 plastic planters, I am going to buy some oasis and have big displays of fresh flowers that I am going to buy the day before. Also got some bay trees, tall candlesticks with four candles in each and fairy lights all over the place.

I am not sure which colour flowers but probably I will stick to white and some greenery, anyone got any idea on who is best to go to in the market ?

Archived