Wedding flowers

Do you know what colours you are having for your bridesmaids? You could match the silk ribbon round your posies and in the pearls in the bouquet to your bridesmaids colours. What are the flowers that you have seen on E Bay like? £100 sounds a lot for something you wont get to see up close until you've paid for it. I made my own wedding flowers and put the money we saved towards the honeymoon, its your day, do what feels right for you and your OH.

I'm going to be learning how to make all styles of wedding flowers in Febuary at Sheffield College. I'm thinking of offering a silk flower floristry service after that, do you think anyone would be interested ?

My bridesmaids are wearing plain black dresses with hints of pink and ivory, im doing opposite ivory dress with hints of pink and black, maybe in the flowers. The ones on ebay are plain white flowers as main colour with little diamantes in the centre of each flower, then one has tiny black diamante ribbons in it, was thinking the plain white one i could put pink headpins in to tie it all together. They are little posies as dont want anything big. There was a lady on here who bought all the materials frm ebay and made them herself, she sent me pics and they were gorgeous, she obviously had a eye for it. As for you doing a service i think alot of people would be interested and as far as im aware once your up an running you can make it known on here, theres a post on here where people are offering their services so you could do well frm it!

Hiya, no I didnt ring them, I ahve deicded to go to the parkway market and get them from there seems much cheaper option. I am having mainly silk but as I said before mum is making up 4 pots as displays and I am putting them onto 5 foot peds that I ahve had made..

Shud be lovely..time is against me now to keep changing my mind, three weeks to go !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I would be really interested to hear your ideas and opinions about the flowers you choose for your big day, I'm starting an internet floristry service and want to tailor it to wedding flowers.

What colours, themes, types of flowers would you choose?

Would you like advice from your florist regarding the best flowers to choose for price, season etc?

Are you influenced by flowers designs in bridal magazines, shows etc?

Would you prefer real or artificial flowers and do you know the pros and cons of each

I really appreciate all the ideas and advice you can give.

Thanks Poppy

Speaking as someone who will be going throught this soon, I want help with pretty much everything and need a florist who will take the stress out of the flowers as much as possible. I do have some ideas from looking in magazines but will need advice on what flowers go well together, come in the right colours, are in season/will be difficult to source and what I can get for my budget.

In particular I suffer from fairly sensitive hayfeaver and so need to know whether I would be better with artificial or whether there are less "heady" flowers I could use that would not set off my symptoms (I think sneezing to here comes the bride would be a bad look).

I would also want advice on how to co-ordinate bouquets, posies, church flowers and table flowers so they looked part of the overall theme but each contained suitable flowers.

I hope this helps.

I want red roses ,a small posy not a huge arrangement.I already knew what I wanted and didn't look for insipiration in mags.I also want a floral arch at the venue but not too sure on table flowers.Maybe one arrangement for the top table.I haven't considered artificial flowers.I would speak to the florist about what to do for my matron of honour some ideas for her.I haven't a clue about buttonholes who you get them for etc so I would ask advice on this also.

Your florist will be able to provide your buttonholes and theme them in with your flowers and your floral arch.

I would say if your concerned about cost and if hay fever is an issue go for artificial flowers, they really can be amazing quality.

If you want to splash out or if you want your flowers to be scented go for real ones.

I'd really like to hear what styles of bouquet people are having, are you going for a single bold colour or a mixture, posy or shower bouquet.

Thanks for your time :)

Archived