Wedding flowers

I did, it was great, I got there about 7am - not sure how long it had been open by then but didn't look noticeably depleted! Plus driving there for 7am and leaving by 7.30am I missed most of the morning rush hour traffic on parkway.

Oh that's not too bad then. My friend is getting married and I said I would go with her to look at some flowers. May get a florist to do the arrangement, but neither of us know much about flowers and seasonality and things so want to go somewhere where there have lots of types to look at!

Was thinking we'd have to be there at about 5.30 or something!

I don't know much about flowers or flower arranging either. I was going on colour and the fact she wanted something quite wild and natural rather than formal. I watched some tutorials on youtube and picked up some useful tips. There is also a shop there that sells all the florist tape/ribbon/pins etc that you'd need if you were making the bouquet yourselves. It is a good idea to go to the market to get ideas as they have not only lots of different flowers but all the varieties of filler (the green stuff the goes in with the flowers!) - lots of inspiration.

• 4 months later...

im looking to have blue iris as my wedding flowers and was wondering if anyone else has and what they were like cost wise?

Im hoping to have blue iris and another flower as a bridal bouquet and white iris for bridesmaid with a blue iriscake topper

• 1 year later...

We had our wedding in January 'flowered' by Jill from Plantology on Division Street.

She did an absolutely great job, full of advice to hone our random ideas, happy to show us lots of examples of what she could put together, very flexible when my wife kept changing her mind :) and cheaper than everywhere else we tried.

She delivered everything to a couple of locations and the flowers lasted for several weeks after our wedding. She also put together some thank you flowers boxes for the mums which were great value and looked tres chic.

Great service, lovely helpful lady and a great price - recommend her 100%!

We had our wedding in January 'flowered' by Jill from Plantology on Division Street.

She did an absolutely great job, full of advice to hone our random ideas, happy to show us lots of examples of what she could put together, very flexible when my wife kept changing her mind :) and cheaper than everywhere else we tried.

She delivered everything to a couple of locations and the flowers lasted for several weeks after our wedding. She also put together some thank you flowers boxes for the mums which were great value and looked tres chic.

Great service, lovely helpful lady and a great price - recommend her 100%!

I am using Jill at Plantology too - as did my friend for her wedding in 2010. Brilliant service for her, and so far for me too. Imaginative, flexible, very accommodating and a great price too! I loved that I could empty my ideas and the 'feel' of the day and she just got it and started creating the perfect things!

Archived