Wedding flowers

Just a reminder.

I have been to two weddings this year and on both occassions we had real problems pinning the flowers, even with the big pins provided. I would ensure that you have a plentiful supply of pins available, esp for bestman and grooms; it really was a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, i jsut spoke to the flowerwholesaler about the estimated number of flowers needed, my mum actually stood there and counted how many individual flowers on a bunch of chrysanths to work out how many bunches we'd need. That and a bit of calculation (over estimate on EVERYTHING) about how many roses i wanted in my bouquet (look at pics and count the fowers in the ones you like)

Have a good idea in your head about jsut how you wnat everything to look and it should all work out!

I didn't do the test run (probably should have, but hey!) and it all worked out perfectly!

I ended up with this as my bouquet, my bridesmaids' ones were slightly smaller and without the ivy (free ivy - collected from hedgerows etc a day before ;))

Victoria's Floral Design

1 Church Street

Ecclesfield

Sheffield

S35 9WE

Tel: 0114 2570287

Vicki will be at Tankersley Manor this weekend at the Wedding Fayre if you have not yet sorted your florist out, it would be a good chance to go and have a look! The wedding fayre starts at 11am ;)

We had just major members, mums, dads, witness's (we had RO wedding), However the florist decided to give us some extra as they made too many which proved a bit embarrassing on the day, but I left it for others to sort out as I was too busy stressing :hihi:

We're using Monica Hewitts in Hillsborough - they've been fantastic so far. We met up with Helen and went through exactly what we were after and she was so helpful and really knew her stuff. They are also reasonably priced as well.

Archived