Wedding transport

I was speaking to a man in the pub the other night who has shire horses with which he does weddings/rides at Carsington water and a few shows. He said he doesnt advertise himself other than in the Peak Advertiser but does do weddings throughout Sheffield and the surrounding area. He charges around £350 for the shire horse, their wedding coach and champagne after the ceremony.

Have got his details if anyone is interested. Looking at another leaflet i got it was £700 so thought this was quite good value!! (just need to get married now!!)

hiya bit late i know but i dnt suppose u still have contacts for him still, or wheather he still does weddings

thanks kerry

hiya not getting married til 2013 but trying to book in advance to pay everything off, we are looking for a horse and carriage but quotes r in the range of £800 which we cant afford, its within rotherham area, just wondering if anyone knows any cheaper ones

thanks

kerry

• 4 weeks later...

Becarful if you hire a black cab I use them travelling around the city and some of them are really scruffy,wouldnt want you to turn up at your wedding with gung on the bottom of your dress,I know a lot of taxi drivers and the best thing to do is order it in advance and tell them what its for,hopefully you will get a clean one

Hi, does anyone know any reasonably priced, classic car hire places - have a wedding on a budget but would still like to get to the church in style! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Hi, does anyone know any reasonably priced, classic car hire places - have a wedding on a budget but would still like to get to the church in style! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Amore wedding Cars they have a website and facebook pages so you can see the cars and reviews that some of the customers have written and they are pretty reasonably priced

http://amoreweddingcars.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=129371355208&ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Rotherham-United-Kingdom/Amore-Wedding-Cars-South-Yorkshire/115601879643?ref=ts

I found legends weddings cars on Handsworth to be very reasonable and Kev and Bev are lovely!

A Daimler DS420 limousine has a very similar internally spacious layout to a black cab i.e glass division, occasional folding seats and offers considerably more luxory and granduer in my opinion, It is physically larger than a black cab probably internally and externally and they seat up to 7 passengers plus driver.

A Black cab will no doubt work out cheaper but you may miss out on a few things like a colour choice of ribbons and bows, uniformed chauffeur, trial journeys of your transport arrangements, floral arrangements in the rear and possibly a champagne toast for after the ceremony.

At the risk of being accused again of touting my wedding cars on here, there is a link to my company kindly posted above by another user.