What is Corporation like?

relost

Ok, so it's my mates 25th Birthday tomorrow and she has opted for Corp. I have never been before, but am slightly worried whether I will like it. I don't mind rock music. but I'm more of a cheesy easy rock person myself- paramore, fallout boy etc-you get the picture!? I can't handle METAL!

My mate has similar tastes to me but loves it, she says its brilliant.

What do I wear, will I cry from bleeding ears?

In a more positive note- any Fred Durst lookalikes feel free to approach me haha

Ok, so it's my mates 25th Birthday tomorrow and she has opted for Corp. I have never been before, but am slightly worried whether I will like it. I don't mind rock music. but I'm more of a cheesy easy rock person myself- paramore, fallout boy etc-you get the picture!? I can't handle METAL!

My mate has similar tastes to me but loves it, she says its brilliant.

What do I wear, will I cry from bleeding ears?

In a more positive note- any Fred Durst lookalikes feel free to approach me haha

I think you would be more suited to Fridays or Mondays going on your tastes. Dress code is nothing to worry about, jeans and a t shirt will feature quite heavily. The heavier metal is confined to the small downstairs room and the cyber goth nutters have got the upper main room. The big room downstairs will have 80s **** rock and some modern favourites from what i can remember. There is usually something for everyone who likes rock/metal but failing that just get hammered :D

I think you would be more suited to Fridays or Mondays going on your tastes. Dress code is nothing to worry about, jeans and a t shirt will feature quite heavily. The heavier metal is confined to the small downstairs room and the cyber goth nutters have got the upper main room. The big room downstairs will have 80s **** rock and some modern favourites from what i can remember. There is usually something for everyone who likes rock/metal but failing that just get hammered :D

Just a question for an old metal fart what is cyber goth sopposed to be?

When I have been upstairs recently the music upstairs I have to say sounds more like feeble dance music:gag:

Not the sort of thing I would expect to hear in a rock/metal venue:suspect:

Just a question for an old metal fart what is cyber goth sopposed to be?

When I have been upstairs recently the music upstairs I have to say sounds more like feeble dance music:gag:

Not the sort of thing I would expect to hear in a rock/metal venue:suspect:

CYBER GOTH:

Cyber, also referred to as cyber culture or cyberculture, is the name given to a subculture that has roots in multiple music scenes including the European Dark scene and rave/clubbing scenes. Someone who identifies with the Cyber subculture can be referred to as a "cyber", although the term "cybergoth" is used to refer to what is perceived by some as a goth-influenced end of the subculture, and "cyberkid" to refer to those who attend trance/hard dance clubs. While science-fiction inspired fashion and an interest in electronic dance music are two areas that define the cyber subculture, cybers also tend to have a general interest in new and future technology, an optimistic view of its influence on society, and other such cyberculture topics. The subculture enjoys niche status and a relatively small following.

Any wiser? that came from Wikipedia BTW As it says it has its roots in rave music as well as other genres, so it may well sound a bit 'dancy' from time to time...you either like it or hate it....

Not many requests for goth music down at the Dove, we tend to be more traditional rock and metal with a splash of punk.....

CYBER GOTH:

Cyber, also referred to as cyber culture or cyberculture, is the name given to a subculture that has roots in multiple music scenes including the European Dark scene and rave/clubbing scenes. Someone who identifies with the Cyber subculture can be referred to as a "cyber", although the term "cybergoth" is used to refer to what is perceived by some as a goth-influenced end of the subculture, and "cyberkid" to refer to those who attend trance/hard dance clubs. While science-fiction inspired fashion and an interest in electronic dance music are two areas that define the cyber subculture, cybers also tend to have a general interest in new and future technology, an optimistic view of its influence on society, and other such cyberculture topics. The subculture enjoys niche status and a relatively small following.

Any wiser? that came from Wikipedia BTW As it says it has its roots in rave music as well as other genres, so it may well sound a bit 'dancy' from time to time...you either like it or hate it....

Not many requests for goth music down at the Dove, we tend to be more traditional rock and metal with a splash of punk.....

Thanks for that I should have known your font of knowledge would be of assistance:)

I must say there are so many different genres of rock, metal, goth etc these days its enough to puddle your brain!

In my day you just liked rock music:hihi:

All I can say is thank god you dont get many requests for Cyber goth and please can we keep it that way if I wanted to hear dance I would go to the many venues that already cater for this crap in the city!!!!

You call dance music crap... So what's your take on the likes of White Zombie/Rob Zombie/NIN?? I wouldn't describe them as cybergoth but they definately have a dance element to their music. I presume Corporation plays their tunes?

Corp

1 - Don't wear decent shoes

2 - Wear anything else that you like, no-one cares. I tend to wear a bustier/corset, combats, platform trainers and more make up that an AVON catologue.

3 - Main room for old skool, cheesy rock, hair metal etc. Small room for Thrash Death etc. Upstairs for Goth and Cyber.

4 - Its a good night to just have fun and let your hair down, just go with the flow.

I'll be there next week. :D

Archived