Banksy - scum or genius?

So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?

• Scum
    • Genuis

I like Banksy, though to call him a genius is perhaps a bit strong. What he is, is a brilliant satirist, and that makes people think a bit harder now and again. It doesn't mean I like graffiti in general, (though Northern Ireland has some interesting stuff, which should be preserved as part of its history.)

I'd love to see 'Dismaland.'

Edited by Anna B

To be honest, my views on Banksy have changed quite a bit recently, even before the Dismaland bemusement park installation.

His work, as well as the obvious sense of cynical humour, makes a much more in depth statement. I guess a lot of people won't get it, but that's part of the statement too.

If Weston-super-Mare wasn't so far away (in terms of a day out), I'd be down there like a shot.

Bear in mind that not all the works are by Banksy though, which makes the whole thing more interesting.

His art is good but hes a criminal. The people that say hes wonderful wouldnt like it if someone put graffiti up on their wall. They only like it because hes a posh boy and can paint.

I certainly wouldn't mind if Banksy graffitied my house, I'd sell it for some serious money!

http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/Banksy/banksy_rat_padlock_cutter.htm

Whoever this person is i personally think he/she is a legend, a genius and I appreciate every bit of the work, the art adds so much culture, provocative thinking, style, culture and originality to the streets of London and Bristol, however a lot of people in London and Bristol (mostly the cleasing dept of local councils) think he is utter scum and has no right to paint his work where ever he wishes.

What do you all think?

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 13:52 ----------

I'm surprised nobody's kicked up a fuss about Dismaland on here yet :o

like wow man, I'm really thick and I understand. It's like he's taken cartoons and stuff and made them all sick, LOL. It's like he's saying "Mickey Mouse isn't perfect, he's a pr*ck" and stuff. Soooo cool. Next time I go on a roller coaster i'm gonna wonder where the hell my money goes, and think "am I REALLY having a good time, or is this a scam man!". Wow, my tiny mind is blown! And kids should never be enchanted by fantasy ****e, because that's so corporate, man!! Whheeeee, I'm soooo enlightened! Thank's Banksy, you is one sick genius!

_______