Club nights at carling academy???

owl4eva

Now its open and after reading a couple of reports it sounds like a good venue. What are your opinions for the club nights that are going to be held? As in the venue, atmosphere etc as this can be very different to gigs. I was lucky enough to be around in the roxy days and by crickey they were good nites even though it a doss hole!!

As someone who went to the opening night last night, and also to the old Rock nights in the roxy. I think that it will be perfect for club nights.

As it stands, set up primarily as a live venue, there will be no problem. The main difference between now and the roxy days is that the loudspeakers are all on the North wall beside the stage rather than being scattered around the dancefloor, and there is no huge lighting gantry on the ceiling.

Having the loudspeakers at one end in my view is better. This way, people can enjoy a range of volumes rather than find that they are subjected to very loud music in every corner of the building. They can go to the back of the venue, or the back corner if they want to talk where the music is a bit less loud, or right down to the side of the stage if they prefer it loud.

after yet another disastrous night out sat night i am keen on trying out the club nights at the carling academy....is there a website to visit for any upcoming events does anyone know. ?

i have decided the best option for a good night out is out of town, hopefully the carling academy may save me from expensive taxi bills :)

Brighton Beach will be on saturday nights as will Hed Kandi and a few others but I cant remember which/what. Transmission is every friday night and has different things on in another room called transmission in session and depending what Friday of the month it is a different night will host the in session room. On the launch night its Nocturnal Nation, which is The Funk Junkies, aka the guys who run Charged and used to DJ in the red room at crasher. I think its going to be a rather good night to say the least, hopefully it will take off big time.

Archived