Greystones sec mod school

tinypeas

I spent a year at Greystones until we were shipped off to King Ecgberts.I remember Miss Hartley our home room teacher she only seemed a bit older than us. What was the French teacher called?I was in yellow Talbot House.Some of the people in my class were Gloria Kelk,Jeanette Kershaw,June Owen,Julie Owen,Richard Pratt and Jeremy Bagnall.I do have some photos.

I spent a year at Greystones until we were shipped off to King Ecgberts.I remember Miss Hartley our home room teacher she only seemed a bit older than us. What was the French teacher called?I was in yellow Talbot House.Some of the people in my class were Gloria Kelk,Jeanette Kershaw,June Owen,Julie Owen,Richard Pratt and Jeremy Bagnall.I do have some photos.

Hi Colonist

I believe the French teacher was a miss Hornsey ( very large chest ) as i remember often a talking point between the lads in the play ground if you read earlier posts you just might come across someone you know good luck JACK HEWITT:love: .

I have just noticed that a Jennifer Johnson was asking if any one remembered her at Greystones. I do—I was there 58-62 and remember going to a kid's party with her at Woodseats Working Men's Club, top of Woodseats Road. My name was Pauline Spittlehouse then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jonjo2, I also left xmas 1958 and remember Mr Newton (a giant of a man) who once had the class I was in on detention for a whole week because someone wrongly measured and cut a piece of wood, and wouldn,t own up. At the end of the week the whole class got a taste of the slipper,and you,re right it did hurt

• 5 months later...

I went to Greystones and have you a brother called Roger Hatton I can remember him - also Hazel Medley Trevor Askam Roger Horsefied Susan Croft people from the area you lived in. I think Roger had ginger hair back then. I was one of he Hardwick sisters Rita Christine Diane and me Vera. I also have a younger sister called Andrea. She went to High Storrs school. I remember the woodwork teacher Mr Newton. Would be nice to hear of anyone else from the old school days.

Hi Vera,

I,m sorry but I cant recollect you at Greystones. I wasn,t there very long and left at the end of 1958. I am Roger Hatton and have a cousin Philip who did have ginger hair. The family recently had a re-union and I met up with him after not seeing each other for over 50 years. Nice to hear from you and hope you are keeping well.

Hi Vera,

I,m sorry but I cant recollect you at Greystones. I wasn,t there very long and left at the end of 1958. I am Roger Hatton and have a cousin Philip who did have ginger hair. The family recently had a re-union and I met up with him after not seeing each other for over 50 years. Nice to hear from you and hope you are keeping well.

Hello to you again Roger I think you lived around Hodgson Street, I lived on Rosedale Road off Ecclesall Road But now live in Bodrum Turkey. I have been in touch with an old school friend who I have not heard from in many years Janet Whiteing, it was so good to hear from her. My friends from around the area of Hodgson Street were Susan Hardy Christine Barker Hazel Medley Ann Pearce. do you remember any of these, also my granmother had a newspagents on Thomas Street, her name was Hardwick as well, next door to a pub called The Brunswick

Glad you had a nice family reunion.

Be nice to keep in touch -- Regards