Greystones sec mod school

tinypeas

[i remember the monkey it's name was sheila the same as me!! i am trying to find some of my friend from greystones and the Ecclesall area my name was Sheila Smith and I have a bro. called David any info. would be appreciated.QUOTE=JACK HEWITT;8009446]Hi Janbar

Back again Kath Fowler lived on Bishop st in the same yard as the Williamson family another large family Frank,Roy,Graham Keith to name a few of the lads plus Roger Kay who i don't think you will remember him being a few years younger Bishop st is the st that runs between Wicks DIY store and the Manpower service building as it stands now back then Bishop st with the junction of Young st stood a chip shop and at the side built into the wall was a cage with a monkey in it do you remember a girl called Pamela Clarke i seem to think she hung around with Kath Fowler and another girl called Jean Hancock who lived on Michale rd who i knew very well back then back to the Marsh family it looks like they might be two different families i don't remember a Tony within the one i know i hope that helps you TAKE CARE.

My name was Jennifer Johnson and it would be great if anyone can remember me, I went to Greystones in 1958.

I rememder you Jennifer we were best mates ,my name was Sheila Smith and i lived on Eclesall Road with my brother David. I would like to contact some others from our year such as Christine Dawson and Joan Heptinstall so if there is anyone with info I would really appreciate it.

Remember so many of the above names me and my cousin Judy Milner went to Greystones and Pomona Street I am Vera Hardwick can any one remember me
I also went to pomona street, a lot of the teachers there went on to Greystones which left a lot of us gutted' but they seemed a lot better at Greystones than they ever did at Pomona st.

I still see Steve Marsh he hasn't changed much but I would like to contact others that were there 59-63. I remember Mrs. Havenhand and Mr Morris also Miss Hornsey, Mr Grenville.

HI Sheila

I can remember your name but sorry I cant put a face to it I now live in the W/MIDLANDS I used to see Steve Marsh & Bill Brown quite a lot in the pubs I went in I don't know if you know that Danny Marsh Steve's younger brother passed away a few years back I don't know if you are on Friends Reunited but you could try that site one or two old friend's from Greystones and around the area we lived in on there GOOD LUCK JACK HEWITT.

HI Sheila

I can remember your name but sorry I cant put a face to it I now live in the W/MIDLANDS I used to see Steve Marsh & Bill Brown quite a lot in the pubs I went in I don't know if you know that Danny Marsh Steve's younger brother passed away a few years back I don't know if you are on Friends Reunited but you could try that site one or two old friend's from Greystones and around the area we lived in on there GOOD LUCK JACK HEWITT.

Hi Jack I did know about Steves brother and I will try Friends Reunited thank you. It would be nice to get in touch with some old friends

sheila

wragg (Smith)

1943 the only school where boys and girls sat in the same class,so far ahead of its time,i have fond memory of this school

I left in 47 when I went to australia. I remember many good friends such as peter wilson, derek langley arthur turton, brian russell,frank parkin, ramon wetherall and some of the girls, audrey dobson, sheila ryder, barbara macdonald and sylvia sutherland. I live in sydney. would be interested to hear from any in my class of 4b. David

1943 the only school where boys and girls sat in the same class,so far ahead of its time,i have fond memory of this school

I left in 47 when I went to australia. I remember many good friends such as peter wilson, derek langley arthur turton, brian russell,frank parkin, ramon wetherall and some of the girls, audrey dobson, sheila ryder, barbara macdonald and sylvia sutherland. I live in sydney. would be interested to hear from any in my class of 4b. David Evans

• 2 years later...

Those of you who have read or posted in this thread may be interested to know more about Greystones Primary School. You can get up to date information about the school, its activities, and its expansion to 90 children per year group by visiting its website www(dot)greystonesprimary(dot)co(dot)uk

Hi Jonjo2, I also left xmas 1958 and remember Mr Newton (a giant of a man) who once had the class I was in on detention for a whole week because someone wrongly measured and cut a piece of wood, and wouldn,t own up. At the end of the week the whole class got a taste of the slipper,and you,re right it did hurt

Remember Mr Newton getting mad at a lad ( I think it was Brian Marvin ) and threw a piece of wood at him. He ducked and it cracked a glass in a cabinet. Oh those days making stools and weaving the seat with damp sea grass.