Greystones sec mod school

tinypeas

Havn't looked at this forum for a long time. I was at Greystones Sec Mod 58-62 - then Granville College for a year.

I was among a few kids - along with Judith Wilkes, Eileen Sygrove to name a couple, who came from CaterKnowle Junior School (where most passed the 11 plus). I think because of where we came from we were considered a bit snobby - far from it.

My name was Pauline Spittlehouse back then and remember most of the teachers mentioned before: Harrison, Wragg, Turly, Hornsey, Renshaw, Manifield,  etc etc. Names I remember in my year were the two above plus Sylvia Bolton, Sandra Raines, Jennifer Johnson, Christine Sheldon, Hedley ???, Jean Liversedge, Barbara  Garfitt and people I can see but can't remember their names.

I was in Class 1A, 2B,  3A and 4A.  I also remember a girl called Ann and again I can't remember her second name but I do remember she worked in the evenings with a magician and was the lady in the act  who was sawn in half. Anyone remember her name?

• 1 year later...
On 30/04/2020 at 11:59, pvc123 said:

Havn't looked at this forum for a long time. I was at Greystones Sec Mod 58-62 - then Granville College for a year.

I was among a few kids - along with Judith Wilkes, Eileen Sygrove to name a couple, who came from CaterKnowle Junior School (where most passed the 11 plus). I think because of where we came from we were considered a bit snobby - far from it.

My name was Pauline Spittlehouse back then and remember most of the teachers mentioned before: Harrison, Wragg, Turly, Hornsey, Renshaw, Manifield,  etc etc. Names I remember in my year were the two above plus Sylvia Bolton, Sandra Raines, Jennifer Johnson, Christine Sheldon, Hedley ???, Jean Liversedge, Barbara  Garfitt and people I can see but can't remember their names.

I was in Class 1A, 2B,  3A and 4A.  I also remember a girl called Ann and again I can't remember her second name but I do remember she worked in the evenings with a magician and was the lady in the act  who was sawn in half. Anyone remember her name?

Hi there, I was at Greystones for about 4years  after being at St, Mathias  ,and I left in 1959. I recognize lots of the names . Some other names  to think  of , Alan Thornhill ,(bundy) Peter Dutton ,Michael Pegg ,Betty Pearson ,Now Betty Bingham  ( I met her again in 1982 when I emigrated to Ontario Canada. Small World )Rita Gambles , Rita Mckay ?? and yes Joan Titman lived on Pearl Street same as me.  I was known as Graham at school . all the best Alan.