Greystones sec mod school

tinypeas

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am desperate to find photographs/stories of my mum, Doreen Drabble at Greystones from about 1950-1954 she died a few years ago and what few photos we had have some how disappeared and none from before her aged about mid 20's. I would be very grateful if anyone has school photos of the time or who remembered her. Best wishes helen parker-drabble

I was a red "Lovetot" in the late 40's. 'Rough' Reeman was the head & a Quaker I think. He seemed massive with hair growing out of his ears & nose & a selection of canes by his desk. In the bad winters, in assembly he informed latecomers that if they came on the circular bus they would escape detention as it often got stuck in the snow. Many years later he began a local history course at the sheffield museum and on the first night he was late & as I opened the door I saw this small elderly man with a few snowflakes on his hat who apologised for being late. I said it was allright if he had come on the circular bus. He looked at me in amazement and I had to explain. A very nice gentleman.

• 2 weeks later...
I was a red "Lovetot" in the late 40's. 'Rough' Reeman was the head & a Quaker I think. He seemed massive with hair growing out of his ears & nose & a selection of canes by his desk. In the bad winters, in assembly he informed latecomers that if they came on the circular bus they would escape detention as it often got stuck in the snow. Many years later he began a local history course at the sheffield museum and on the first night he was late & as I opened the door I saw this small elderly man with a few snowflakes on his hat who apologised for being late. I said it was allright if he had come on the circular bus. He looked at me in amazement and I had to explain. A very nice gentleman.

I was in yellow Talbot 1a 2a 3a 4a Janet Wilson(bubbles)

This is interesting my Dad went to Greystones in the early 50's, I have a few of his school pictures, but he died when I was young so I know very little about him. His name was Walter Ross Fletcher. Where was the school actually located?