Greystones sec mod school

tinypeas

I attended Greystones Infants and Middle school from about 1967 until 1974

well after you unfortunately so dont remember any of the people mentioned.

Just a question though was Mr Brown still the head teacher then?

In the 50's &60's they were 2 seperate schools the infant & junior were both in the Tullibardine road building The secondary school was on the corner of Tulli & Greystones rd,I was there 1955 1962 Mr brown became headmaster during that time he retired in the mid to late 70's whilst my children were there

• 3 weeks later...

I attended Greystones from 58 to 62. I then went on to Granville College.

I remember Albert Price, Janice Reed who was in my class in 3rd year. Other names that come to mind are: Sylvia Bolton, Sandra Raynes, Jean Liversidge, Wendy Hudson, Eileen Sygrove also Tina Cullen and Janette Glossop who were in the year above me. Michael Bradshaw (head boy) a year below me.

I enjoyed my 4 years there. The teachers I was most impressed by were Miss Hornsey, Mrs Harrison who was at first our music teacher then became the sewing teacher - Mrs Marsden who taught us Geography. Does anybody remember the young music teacher all the boys were crazy about (I think she was from South Africa) who taught there in 1961/2. Didn't like Mr Grenville thought he was a bit of a bully - spent my life in detention from him.

as i said early on this thread Greystone was a very fine school 1943 was so far ahead of the other one's, very fond memory and the very thought of letting boys and girls sit side by side in the same class made one think you was in the U.S

You are right, but Mrs McDonald left at the end of my second year there and Mrs Marsden or maybe Mrs Harrison took over the sewing teacher duties (can't quite remember) but I do remember Miss Hornsy and Mr Morgan taught us french and I think Mr Watson and Mr Wragg taught us maths. Mrs Mansfield (she may have started after you left) was my geography teacher not Mrs Marsden.

• 1 month later...

You lucky people, not having to go through your whole time with 'Old Mac' as a teacher. She was the most hated teacher in the school by my year. She was originally at Pomona Street. We thought we might lose her when we all went to Greystones, but no such luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh! greystones, greystones. Iwas there from '49 to'53 in2b/3b/4c.

how I loved lunch time and home time. Dennis H.

i was at greystones around 48 to 52 ? was sports champion junior year mid year & senior year we won the sheffield schools relay cannot remember the year michael grundy