Friday Lunchtime Pub Lunch

Silverblade

Cricket Inn, Penny Lane, Totley.

Good real food (not the pre-prep frozen you usually get)

nice views, nice staff, real fires (if it's cold)

We like a stroll through the woods round Totley brook whilst we're up there

Depends how far you want to travel. Living where I do, I'd class the edge of the city as far as Castleton, beyond probably!

May I suggest:

Yorkshire Bridge - Ladybower Dam (on the road off the A57 towards Hope and thence, Hathersage);

Devonshire Arms - Calver. Magnificent quality and quantity food in a pub which also caters for children. If you don't have kids, fine, there's the no-kids-allowed bar. This pub is situated at the junction with the traffic lights;

The Stables Bar at Monsal Dale. Something really different and talk about a range of real ales. Open fires and a superb location for a walk;

Nearer to town:-

The Fulwood Inn on Fulwood Road. It's seen an amazing improvement in the quality of its food.

If you want precise directions I'd be happy to help!

It's a boring answer, but I honestly don't know! I've never seen a dog in the Fulwood Inn. When I've been to the Devonshire, I've always had my girls and have sat in the kiddies side (they love the play barn) and I can only recall seeing dogs with walkers outside the Monsal Head Stables.

You'd have to phone in advance. But I hope that wouldn't put you off trying out these places. The beer range in the Monsal Head Stables bar is great. Theakston's Old Peculier etc.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

You'd have to phone in advance. But I hope that wouldn't put you off trying out these places. The beer range in the Monsal Head Stables bar is great. Theakston's Old Peculier etc.

Perhaps we need to wait for the nice weather then. We can't go walking without the dog! :shocked: Besides - he likes his real ales :thumbsup:

Archived