American Diner / Cafe

What would all you guys and girls think to an american cafe / diner serving freshly homemade american food such as chilli, pancakes , beef burgers , chicken and all typical american food. the diner would also serve milkshakes , american lager , and hot drinks etc. the diner would be a typical american surrondings so you would feel like you are in america, with american music and staff ! . the opening times would be 8am till 8pm serving brekfast , lunch and dinner , but if you dont want to eat you could drop by for a drink or two. the location would be either west street , meadowhall or Ecclesall road . do you guys and girls think that this place would work, any ideas / feedback would be much appreciated. :-)

I think there is a lack of this in Sheffield... however, the American diner in Meadowhall closed several years ago (it was just like you described) so I don't know how much of a market there is... Your opening hours would need to be later than 8pm, I think, wherever it was.

Thanks for all your suggestions , keep them coming, i have yet to think about the menu and costs etc. im in the very early planning stages . i dont want it to be a tacky place though were it is a big buffet with lots of food that isnt that fresh , i would offer table service with a freeshly prepared menu . in a nice clean , relaxed atmosphere, which would be a fun place for all ages to be.

Ecclesall Road has Uncle Sams and Yankies and Champs (all open to 11 ish) does something similar so probably not much more of a market to be had. Woodseats would do well as there is nothing like this on this side of town and the road is not represented by a family eatery particularly unless Kfc counts. The american diner in meadowhall was open for about 10 years - it was great when the danced on the tables.

well it sounds a good idea we love the unckle sams on ecclesall road but as everyones saying a lot of people like to go out round say 8pm ish then make a night of it thats what we always do so opening hours could probably do with being a little later maybee ??

west steet sounds a good idea as others have said ecclesall road already has a few of theese places

yea woodseats too theres nothing up there yet theres plenty of students up there xx

good luck with it x

Archived