American Diner / Cafe

What would all you guys and girls think to an american cafe / diner serving freshly homemade american food such as chilli, pancakes , beef burgers , chicken and all typical american food. the diner would also serve milkshakes , american lager , and hot drinks etc. the diner would be a typical american surrondings so you would feel like you are in america, with american music and staff ! . the opening times would be 8am till 8pm serving brekfast , lunch and dinner , but if you dont want to eat you could drop by for a drink or two. the location would be either west street , meadowhall or Ecclesall road . do you guys and girls think that this place would work, any ideas / feedback would be much appreciated. :-)

Sounds a great idea, West street sounds the best area for it to be in and maybe a later closing time. :thumbsup:

If it's to be a proper American diner it will need to have eat all you can (or want) menu for about £3 and unlimited top ups of soft drinks, like Ponderosa in America. otherwise it's not the real thing.

What utter rubbish.

Quality food at reasonable prices also accessable with easy parking (West St is having a new 500 space car park on the site of the old assay office) and definitly opening later than 8pm.

PS....I can't think of anywhere in City Centre/West St where you can get a cream cheese bagel with a latte at 8am

Uncle Sams

Yankees

Champs

TGI Fridays

Old Orleans

Boardwalk

Do we really need another overpriced burger bar?

Surely we could do with a bit more variety?

Now of course if you were to bring abck the women dancing on tables whilst i eat my burger....THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

>_>

Uncle Sams

Yankees

Champs

TGI Fridays

Old Orleans

Boardwalk

Do we really need another overpriced burger bar?

Surely we could do with a bit more variety?

Now of course if you were to bring abck the women dancing on tables whilst i eat my burger....THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

>_>

Yes but those places are nothing like a Diner, also Diners are not "all you can eat " :hihi:

ALso 8am opening ? 6am would be more like it.

Anyone remember the OK Diner chrome plated caravan that used to be situated just off Kilner Way? That was quite cool and certainly looked the part. I used to have a morning after breakfast in there every now and then.

Then there was Bartons on West Street who had their own huge yellow cab (usually parked outside). They did massive pizzas and opened til late.

Incidentally, Yankees, which opened in 1979 is planning to double in size (moving the kitchen upstairs and extending the restaurant downstairs into the kitchen and out back). I do hope they're careful as I like Yankees for being what it is which is quite unpretentious and 'worn'.

If it's to be a proper American diner it will need to have eat all you can (or want) menu for about £3 and unlimited top ups of soft drinks, like Ponderosa in America. otherwise it's not the real thing.

Ha Ha Ha - that would be a fun place to own/run/manage

Archived