American Diner / Cafe

Hi all, thankyou once again for your suggestions i have being thinking about the opening times and i think that opening till 11pm is a much better idea than 8pm. i notice some people think that they are enougth american resturants in sheffield. but this would be an american diner with an idea i have had from the beginning that will attract people from all over not just from sheffield, this idea has being one for well over a year and we are now putting our plans / ideas together. our diner would also be customer focused listing to your ideas and seeing how we can improve and add your ideas to our plans. we are looking into getting a jukebox which will play old classics also having the kitchen / grill open so all the customers can see their food being cooked. this is as much as i can tell you all at this point. we are still trying to get the location right as we want it to be easy for customers to get to , and park etc, thanks once again and i look forward to seeing you all when we eventually open :-)

Sounds great mystproperty. Personally I think West Street would be the best location for it. There's a few empty units down near the bottom of West Street, although you would be in direct competition with Hooters down there - and the units will not be cheap to rent! However, apart from Hooters I don't know of any other 'american diner' type places in the city centre, and on West Street you would be in the centre of the 'entertainment' area.

As for the restaurant itself, anything good quality, not too expensive (that doesn't mean it has to be a £3 buffet like someone said...) and with good service should go down well.

Sounds great mystproperty. Personally I think West Street would be the best location for it. There's a few empty units down near the bottom of West Street, although you would be in direct competition with Hooters down there - and the units will not be cheap to rent! However, apart from Hooters I don't know of any other 'american diner' type places in the city centre, and on West Street you would be in the centre of the 'entertainment' area.

As for the restaurant itself, anything good quality, not too expensive (that doesn't mean it has to be a £3 buffet like someone said...) and with good service should go down well.

Diners don't have buffets, sounds like a good idea, but you all seem to have the wrong idea of what an American Diner is. :D

It's mostly food cooked on a flat grill, and some deep frying done, not much.

the diner idea was tried some time back by a firm called o k diners ,they were backed by city centre restraunts . it never really took off ,too much deep fried food . if you send me a pm i can put you in touch with one of the guys that ran the company

Diners don't have buffets, sounds like a good idea, but you all seem to have the wrong idea of what an American Diner is. :D

I know, just someone mentioned a £3 buffet earlier in this thread, and £3 for a buffet is ridiculously cheap. I don't know if I'd dare eat there...

the diner idea was tried some time back by a firm called o k diners ,they were backed by city centre restraunts . it never really took off ,too much deep fried food . if you send me a pm i can put you in touch with one of the guys that ran the company

American food isn't particularly deep fried. :dunno: That's just the stuff you get over here.

If you did some american style sarnies (i.e. filled to the brim with fillings) I'd definitely be there!

Your Uncle Sams also shows Pizzas on their menues...don't know of anyone that would go to as diner for Pizza. :)

they do them.....

but really its a Burger and chips style diner, do some research have a meal their as its done out as an american diner inside........

As is Yankeys.

Where are you thinking of opening ?

Archived