What do you miss in Sheffield that used to be here but now is gone?

SHEFF WEDS OLD KOP......a place of dreams

SHEAF VALLEY BATHS.....Top splash scrared me sh*tless

HOLE IN THE ROAD...Used to buy all my singles from K ?& D records

SHEAF MARKET...Particularly the stall that used to print slogans on T.Shirts "Makin Bacon" springs to mind

ODEON CINEMA (Barkers Pool)...Worked there from opening night (The Living Daylights) for nearly 3 years,had a fantastic mural at begining of stairs entrance to both screens

STUDIO 5-6-7...Worked there too for about 2 years,a scary and surreal place,manager and his wife used to live/sleep in his office

ROXYS NIGHTCLUB...You were guaranteed 1 of 2 things...a shag or a fight,anyone remember the place upstairs where they served "food"?

MARPLES CLASSIC BAR (Fitzallen Square)....was assistant manager there AFTER it had a major re-furb,anyone got any memories would love to hear from you

That tap thingy in the window of a shop in the Castle Market on the Waingate entrance. It was sat in a tartan container. The water constantlly poured in to it without overflowing. I stood there mesmerised when I was 6 or 7 (about 1966). Probably do much the same now if it were still there. Duh!

Still, worse of all, is the loss of the ABC. Many a happy time in there as both a customer and an employee. Also the Crystal Rooms, the amusement arcade underneath. Spent a year or two fixing (sorry, repairing) the slot machines in there and fighting off claims (with a large piece of metal) that the machine had failed to pay out. I've not been in Sheffield for a good few years, what's there now?

Originally posted by Lickszz

In addition to most of what has already been mentioned, I miss the old Virgin records that used to be on High Street.

i used to love going in that one once saw one of the bailey brothers in there:loopy:

i miss the old virgin records what used to be at the bottom the moor when i was about 15 i was getting my ac/dc australian imports from there:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest poppins

Well i know it's still around, Henderson Relish, but whats the difference between that and Worcester sauce ? I googled Hederson Relish , i see it has a Fan Club ! i relish the tought of that.

Originally posted by poppins

Well i know it's still around, Henderson Relish, but whats the difference between that and Worcester sauce ? I googled Hederson Relish , i see it has a Fan Club ! i relish the tought of that.

Whats the difference! I ask you! how dare you! my God I can't believe you have asked that question!

I bet you can't tell the difference between **** and clay without sniffing it either:rolleyes:

Hendersons is the elixir of life.

The other stuff is nothing but a mere shadow of the Juice of the Gods that is distilled in Leavygreave Rd.

No wonder you were expelled to the colonies, hang your head in shame ;)

Archived